1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Super Woman!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lathanarasimhan, Jun 30, 2007.

1. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Whoever coined this word "SUPER WOMAN"? Definitely should be a man.
    Ladies do not fall pray to this title. Just another gimmick by men to make us work more.

I prefer being an ordinary woman whose first priority is her home. Career comes
    later. To have a full fledged career a woman should have support of parents, in-laws, or good servants to take care of the house & kids.

More views ladies!

regards latha:)

4 people like this.

2. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

ur right latha. with help we can do everything.

take care

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I agree with both of you ladies.

Sriniketan

3 people like this.
  4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

u r right latha,
    u know i had to go thru this and had to live thru it too, my sis will never ride a bike, her reason then men will ask her to do all shopping and finish it off, and they will make her do more along with her shopping slowly all burdens will be on her. How true till date all her works get done together as she cannot drive anybikes, cannot travel alone in train, or bus, andso on, someone is always protective about her....regards sunkan

5. lakshminarasimhan

lakshminarasimhan New IL'ite

I couldn't agree more. I hate the fact that a whole lot of working women in my generation work from 9 to 7 in office and do all the cooking and cleaning in the house.

I believe that Women's Liberation has truly seen the light of the day when women are respected for the unique roles that they play - and when people with so called feminine qualities are not thought as inferior. (for example I think there's nothing wrong if a man wants to not ride a bike, or let's say something more "drastic" like quitting work for a few years to take care of kids while the wife works)

It's a matter of individual choice - and people need to be respected for what they do. Women's lib being equated with fitting into a man's shoes, doing what men can do is rather foolish to say the least. (Eg: I can't carry weight, but do I care?? There's nothing wrong with the inability to carry weight, I have my own larger more significant abilities).

6. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

I second agree with latha and Huma. Well said.

Madhu

1 person likes this.
  7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I agree with everybody.
    Same senerio @ my home too...
    I end up preparing breakfast, getting kids ready, dropping off to school, office, pick them up, take them to activites, kids home work, cooking, cleaning.
    All my husband does is just giving them a bath and feeding them at night while i prepare hot roti.

8. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

well a wonderful topic ladies..as u say the way most husbands get wrk done frm women is by saying we r extremely gud in the wrk we do....for instance if u take ironing his shirt..my hubby wud say ..sowmi u do it as perfect as a professional..as if i have been going for ironing classes...well thts the way the men are.....thts also one smart of getting us poor ladies into the trap !!!!

lov
    sowmi