Super Super Stressed..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dh is earning for tomorrow and day after after providing for today and damn happy
    With home maker.
    If some "foresome" let them. They are not happy like you and they can't stand watching you happy as home maker with least trouble on financial front. You want happy family or you desire as the few in society expects you to go for work. If others of your olk are working it could be their need or greed for money.
    So "Ayyo penne" live happily let your family grow as all stalwarts advised here.
    Thanks and regards.
    Best wishes

anika987 likes this.
  2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

We all sound like broken stuck records here and I am going to sound like one too. The root cause of your problem is your low self esteem. Unless that is taken care of , nothing will change. You might take up the job but I anticipate a post in a couple of weeks ( or maybe days) : Lady at gym/ birthday party commenting on low paying job

Get back to your career because YOU want to, not because others comment. Your husband sees that your reasoning to work is not your drive or motivation. So there is less inclination for him to put his career in jeopardy , only to shut up a acquaintance you meet at the gym.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

hmm...are there still housewives in this era..sometimes feel like that.
    Most women are working or that’s what I think and yeah agreed I need to work
    on self esteem but..sometimes feel that my kid is the only kid in her class who will have a housewife mom..I don’t want her to feel bad coz of me.

Spoke to my husband and we are planning to meet a counselor For me to get help.I need to move on asap

4. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Counseling will help you tremendously! I wish you the best.

Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  5. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

:thumbsup: :clap2:

6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I think you are aware that people on dependent visa (like H4) cannot work. There are many Indian women in US who cannot work. You are not alone.
    First ask yourself if you really need job or it’s peer pressure.

sindmani, Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

H4 is a valid reason..

My reasons are peer pressure..

Afraid what my daughter will feel about me when she grows up..will she be disrespectful coz am a homemaker?

Respect from the society..

I feel I can shut up people around me..

for eg: if I say I went to India for a couple of months..I was told by this woman “ oh!it means you are not working..you see I have always worked my entire life etc,etc”..next ten minutes had to hear her bio data..Or many other things.

The feeling of cringing when people ask “what do u do all day?”.Homemakers can not explain!there is not a fixed schedule but there will be enough work to do if we want to.

Again..it’s not that I don’t want to work
    But it has to be a reasonable pay to atleast hire sufficient help as hubby can’t help.My travel time,salary,no help,gas charges makes no sense at all especially having kid in elementary.

Hubby feels I can wait till she reaches middle school and then look for better paying jobs and even full time as kid can even manage alone at home for one or two hours with no before/aftercare so that I can atleast save the money I earn.she would also be a grown up and more understanding.

My fear is who is give me a decent job
    At that time..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

We always want what we don’t have, isn’t it? Even if it means cutting off the nose to spite the face. Hire a babysitter and take up the job and see how it goes. The grass may not necessarily be greener on the other side.
    FWIW, the wealthy neighborhoods in my area are full of mothers who stay home while their kids are small. Many of these are well educated women who have made a conscious choice. I must admit to a twinge of envy as I see them lunching and taking their kids to activities while mine sits in daycare.They have time to work out, maintain their homes and themselves very well. And none of them seem particularly concerned what XYZ says about them not working.

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

How are those moms so confidence..I envy when I even read what your wrote...mentioned in a light way

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Are there housewives in this era?
    I am surprised this is even a question.
    @anika987 i seriously don’t know what world you live in. How you find these people making comments about you everywhere you go? I don’t think anyone is interested in my life . No one comments on why I work or don’t work (when I took 9 months break after my daughter was born).

My best friend is a homemaker. My good friend’s wife is a homemaker, so many moms (and a few dads) at my kids’ preschool/school/gymnastics are homemakers.
    I chose to work because I enjoy my career. Neither my homemaker friends nor I (a working woman) are jealous of each other.
    You might want to read your op and all the replies... there is a common theme... someone said something, you applied for a job....you got a job... now husband’s job/health/kids school all come in question. First, you need to sit down and figure out how would you manage things on your own if you get a job. Then think about applying for a job.

May I suggest you something? If your only reason to get a job is to be able to tell others you are working- get a laptop, go to a coffee shop, and post on IL from there. If someone asks you what do you do—- tell them you are a lifestyle blogger. Better start blogging.

I write a travel blog off and on and sometimes read my own posts from several years ago and find them quite amusing .

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.