1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Super Story

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by jayasala42, Sep 29, 2022.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Small &Super Story*A GRATEFUL THIEF*
    --------------------------------------------

I am a poor retired Bank Officer. Me and my wife planed for visiting our native place in Ratnagiri for few days. We have one son and two daughters who are married and living with their family in distant cities.

None was there to look after our house when we would proceed to the tour. Therefore, we were afraid that, if a thief broke into the house, the house would be maliciously damaged by rummaging through boxes and cabinets and the thief not finding money.

So, I decided to put one thousand rupees currency on the table and left a note for the thief :

" Feel sorry ! Thanks for your hard work !

I am a middle class Bank retiree, we live on a little pension, which is yet to be updated. We don’t have any cash at home. You finally came here, I am afraid that you might have wasted your time, so I have set aside Rs 1,000/_ for you as a working trip gift.

Dear, If you wish to expand your harvest, the eighth floor opposite my house is the auto rickshaw driver turned state minister, on the seventh floor is the corporator of municipality of a ruling party, the sixth floor is the right hand of a 'Bhai', the fifth floor is the house of Shakha-Pramukh, and the fourth floor a prominent Hawala dealer.

They have plenty of cash and in case of theft, they will never report to police.

I wish you a fruitful harvest !"

A month later, when we came home, found that there was Rs.1,00,000/- in cash and a note on the table :

*"Thank you dear poor banker for your teaching. This mission was successfully completed and the harvest has been fruitful. So I leave Rs 1,00,000/- for YOU to express my gratitude. Please continue to teach in the future and keep providing information for better economic development."*

¤¤¤¤¤¤

" And for last half an hour, I am busy in thinking why we retired bankers are wasting our time with IBA, Retirees Association and it's leaders, when other avenues, like one described above , is available at our disposal for speedy redressal of our pension Updation issues ?

N. B.
    The poor bankers have to hanker after the Retirees' Associations, courts, etc because everybody does not have the "Opposite House" as narrated in the short and sweet story !
    Further the thief's gift is one time affair,but the revision of
    pension would be life time.

Jayasala42

Jayasala42

Thyagarajan and swarnamary like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I posted one similar to this in
    Gratitude To Teacher
    I appreciate your reality view in life for pensioners for revised pension.
    Regards.