1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Super dumb aliens and super smart earthlings!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

AC,
    I don't want to meddle with Mrs. Chithu on her b'day,let me keep aside that job for a while.....
    bless us Mrs.Chithu on your b'day....

sriniketan

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi & AC,
    ParipoorNa asservathangaL !
    I am sure this site Pithamahar also joins me on this pleasant errand!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear cheeniya sir ,
    Beautiful topic – wonderfully said ! I ‘ve not seen any sci-fi movies . But you’ve aroused interest in me to see such movies as you say that you would watch them without even batting your eyelids ! I ‘ve seen aliens only in the hindi movie ‘ koi mil gaya ‘ ( I don’t even know whether they are depicted as good ones or bad ones - due to ‘language problem ! ) . So I learn from you that they are treated as inferiors in all aspects by the ‘ opinionated ‘ earthlings even though they are not so .
    Opinionated persons are really hard to deal with . I know a person belonging to this category & wanted to change his attitude (I realized what a fool I am to think so - only later ! ).After a long & heated argument , I thanked him for making me aware of all the rubbish talk , we need to avoid in our lives & left the place immediately !
    People who always worry about other’s comments are still more worse . They perish the peace & happiness of themselves & their whole family-
    ".

Foolshness & atrociousness to the core .

I enjoyed <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> reply to Malathy & all the fb s & ur replies to them too !
    With regards ,
    Indhu.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indhu
    I have not seen any indian movie showing aliens and my whole thread is based on what I have observed in western scifi movies. All the aliens, according to western movie makers, have to have some deformity. They must have at least wolf-like ears! The more grotesque they appear the greater will be their scientific advancement!

Opinionated people are referred to as the 'muyalukku moonu kaal' type. The best thing is to agree with them and leave the place as you did! There can be no greater waste of time than trying to make opinionated people agree to your opinion.

People who worry about others' opinion always will have no opinion of themselves!
    Sri

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Aliens... Hahahahahaha… Are they super intelligent… We don’t want to show them as more intelligent than human beings… Because, we don’t want to accept that there are super beings than us… It is our ego… We always think that they come all the way crossing all these light years to take over our planet or to fight us… We cant think in terms of co-habitation or think of them being more intelligent and we can share some knowledge on survival in the world of fast depleting natural resources…

We should not be the football of others opinion… Great thoughts… But, is it possible… In every walk of life, we look for what others think of us and what they will say…

Even now, while writing this FB, I was thinking of how you will react to the FB and what you are going to say… hahahahahahahaha… Whenever I write an FB… Whether I create a impression or not but I don’t want to look like a stupid in front of you… hahahahaha… If I say, I don’t think in those terms, I am telling lies and I am not a normal human being…

Not to worry about others opinion, is easily said than done…

With regard to Opinionated people… Yes… I am strongly opinioned, that you are highly intelligent and witty…. Chitvish is great in cooking & receipies… hahahahahaha…. Now I leave it to you to say whether it is my opinion or facts… hahahahahahahahaha…

Veda

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda,
    Why invite a "nakkal" comment from your Guruji, about, poor me?Rant
    I not only cook, but have a little brain also, I think. Do I lack intelligence totally?
    Wit, may be I look like a molehill in front of Sri who is the humour mountain, here !Bow
    You are too miserly with your comments about me - I am very disappointed with you !!:oops:
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    I agree with you that we should not be like a football of others' opinion but there is no harm in being so if the players are like our Indian Football team! They hardly kick the ball as they concentrate more on kicking each other!

You have raised a valid point there in saying that we tend to look on all aliens as some kind of invaders armed to the teeth coming to fight us and that we never fail in putting them in their place and showing them the door! If ever man sets foot on an alien abode, the first thing he'll do will be to clear the place of all encroachment by the aliens. How can we forget how the native Indians were hounded out the American continent by John Wayne and other bullies?

I know that not worrying about others' opinion is easier said than done and that's why I am saying all that! But I must give it to you that your humour is growing by the day! Since it is my policy not to cross swords with the opinionated, I bow to your opinion that I am intelligent and chitvish is a great cook!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    I can see your evil design in saying that you are a molehill in front of me! How cleverly you create an image of me as a mountain while you as a molehill! If you had called yourself a Parangimalai and me a Palani hill, it would have been more justifiable as there is nothing much to choose between you and me sizewise!
    Sri

9. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear sir,
    Well!You have given a classic difference between two class of people.I enjoyed ur wite up.The fact is managing both categories is difficult.We must live for ourselves and not for the public.I remember the old saying(song) in tamil"Vazzhndhalum yesum Thaazhndhalum yesum vayagam idhudhaanada"..That is it.As u said they are more pitiable.They bother themselves as to "What others may think if i do this","Whether others may think i am not intelligent".Life is really a hell for these category of persons.They are not able to live freely,they don't want to do what they think ,rather they are dominated by the thought of"what others will think" which is self defeating which i am probably sure that will be a disorder named for it.Regarding a girl's marriage,her family is worried and want to get her married for the sake of avoiding people asking abt it rather than what the girl feels.So confusion arises whether the problem is the subject or the teacher who handles the subject.”A girl getting married or whether the society asking abt the girl’s marriage”
    I repeat ur words

"""we give a lot more weight to the opinion of the public in arriving at decisions regarding our personal lives""""

So our personal life revolves public opinions.Can i say "there are shades of public in private(personal).We give weight to the public which in turn have their own personal lives.But they are interested in gossips and involved in other's life.If we let our mind open and analyse then we could get a clear picture of the differentiation of the society and ourselves.

Then come the other category of people.As u said “We come across so many of them in our day to day life and we find dealing with them as the most exasperating experience”.Definitely we would have come across many such people.If I am not wrong they don’t let others speak .They lose the power of listening.A famous quote says”The art of listening is the key to perfect communication”.So opinionated people never accept other’s point of view.They are not recognized much as u said and they fail to become successful.

I again repeat ur words
    “The mind of an opinionated person is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you pour on it, the more it contracts”

If we try to put our point of view and convince them,only argument increases.Here, I mean unhealthy arguments.

Thanks for an enjoyable article….

10. Cheeniya

Dear Bhargavi
    You have indeed taken my thread further in your own meticulous way and I thank you for it. There is a saying that the moment you start living for others, you are dead! I dont know who said it but it makes a lot of sense. There is no argument about the need to weigh all options before arriving at a decision. In doing so, we may consider others' views as well. But conditioning one's life according to the opinion of the 'unseen' others is ridiculous. 'Naalu peru enna solluva?' is the question that keeps bothering us most of the time. But no one knows who those 'naalu peru' are!

Most of us tend to forget that we need to worry about public opinion only in such matters that might have an impact on the public. Our civic duties are of this category. No one can make a nuisance of himself in public saying that it is a free world. In such matters, we are under obligation to follow the socially accepted code of conduct. But living our personal lives is different. Taking a decision in respect of our personal lives is our sole prerogative. Others strictly have no role to play in it. If we get fettered by a fear of public opinion even in our personal matters, we cease to live!

As far as opinionated people are concerned, it is best to ignore them. It is not our job to make them see reason. In any case, it will be a futile attempt.
    Sri