1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Super dumb aliens and super smart earthlings!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

Liked the autumn leaves lines...

I came back to quote one song that comes to mind on the opinionated..

vAzhndhAlum Esum, thAzhndhAlum Esum, vaiyagam idhuthAnadA

I believe that this is our life. the people who give opinions are not going to give us a helping hand when the going gets tough for conceding to their opinions.

I used to ponder on the ad LIVE LIFE KINGSIZE.....but now with lessons learnt from life, (I still think i cannot say maturity.)i would say Live life kingsize on your terms and ideas.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi
    The song that you have quoted is the most appropriate one for those who bother too much about the opinion of others. Those 'others' are not accountable for their opinion and as you rightly say, if things go wrong if their opinion is heeded, they'll just look the other way!
    It is OUR life and it should be lived on our terms. Absolutely
    Sri

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    My dh falls into the first category! It seems you fall into the 2nd one!
    Code:
    I don't want to live thinking about how I'll be remembered.”
    Your latest signature doesn't seem to convey this message!This thing struck me even before I came to the last para!
    Ok, was just joking. I am amazed by the way you can link two different topics and some how connect them!
    Regards,
    Malathi

4. Cheeniya

Dear Malathi
    I think that it is not bad to be opinionated if one can be as flexible as Groucho Marx who said 'These are my views in the matter. If you dont like them, I have others!'
    He sounds almost like a Super Market for opinions where you can go and get the opinion that suits you most!

What I have appended to my signature is to highlight the problem of bothering too much about what others think. Is it not significant that there can be people who worry about what others will think of them even after they are dead?
    Sri

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

Wow , so we have Super dumb Aliens and Super smart Earthlings....! Oh come on , why are you siding the Aliens....after all we are Here and this earth is Our planet.....so lets believe that we are super smart! why not? Big Laugh
    You have any way analysed us Earthlings, as an opinionated Lot.....so ......
    Anyway as long as i have no Alien visiting me tonight...i go by the ET standards that they are Dumb( by the way, if they were so super intelligent, why will they ever want to visit us on Earth!?)

Now to the other part of the discussion....
    If i decide to live Life on my terms, again am i not stating my opinion, rather a bit too strongly! So am i not again being opinionated? just a thought?
    then how do i lead my life.?:idontgetit::help....so much for being a super SMART EARTHLING!

I am off now before i get TOO Opinionated! ha ha.....but a good post!

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri
    Its now no more of a surprise when you come up with exotic topics and keep the readers logging in to post. Ah Sci Fi movies...like others I too liked them especially Star Ship enterprise ..I thoroughly enjoyed watching Star Wars movies with son but could only see them one time. The fact that striked me was how truth survived and evil destroyed even though at the end. Maybe it was because the earthlings were the story tellers and directors !!
    Even though in movies like ET they might show them in disfigured forms they still showed them with a touch of warmth. Again earthlings directing..
    It is quite incredible how you connect from space crafts and Sci Fi movies to opinionated people..Very skillfully done.. So which are you ? Opinionated or finicky.. Since you are such a big fan of SciFi movies you are the perfect person to ask this question of mine.. Are aliens fond of OATS ????????

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

AC dearie,

I was just thinking where is she, not yet shown her presence, the saw that you were battling with your gardening....at last she has come...and that too with such questions...

now now...if aliens were eating oats, would n't they become smart and beautiful like earthlings....

anyway waiting to see the replies

8. Cheeniya

Dear Sudha
    You have yet again proved that earthlings are super smart by posing this unanswerable question, 'by the way, if they were so super intelligent, why will they ever want to visit us on Earth!?' In fact, it is now my turn to look like the super dumb aliens! But I must plainly admit that I have no answer for your question!

I love your patriotism or shall we say 'earthliatism'. You make me feel guilty for not supporting the earthlings in the intellectual war. But please do understand that I am only trying to wake up the earthlings from hibernation with this story!

Being opinionated and living life on one's own terms are two unconnected things. You can be opinionated while living your life on others' terms too! Or you can live your life on your own terms and still not be opinionated! Am I confusing you? well, that's the general idea!
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

Hi AC!
    That font size is just to show you how much I missed you!

You are absolutely right. When we earthlings spin a story, it will be naturally based on what we hold as truth and virtue. It is not at all necessary that aliens too will have the same parameters as earthlings. Our truth may be their falsehood, our virtue may be their vice. Why should we think that the entire universe should follow our culture threads, oops, I mean culture!?

It was kind of odd that an alien who could emote like a human should be shown in such grotesque form! But then we perceive even the gods to have human features as if we are the ultimate in His creations!

You have raised a valid question on the dietary habits of the aliens. We make so much noise about OATS in IL that I won't be surprised if it reached the aliens too. Fearing an alien invasion of their factories, I believe Kellogs have tightened up their security procedures!
    Sri

10. Cheeniya

Dear Shanthi
    Smart and beautiful like the earthlings? I once overheard a conversation between two aliens and they were shocked to see humans with two eyes, two ears, two hands and two legs. They were particularly surprised at the size of our eyes and attributed our short-sightedness to the same! Remember how big the eyes of the alien were in ET?
    Sri

1 person likes this.