1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sunkan's Article in The Hindu

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by varalotti, Jun 5, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear chitra,
    from when very young i had been wondering abt the obituaries as to what the personality could had been when alive and if a doc or a scientist died i used to feel more sad that the contributions have come to a nil by him, and so on, have always wondered will my photo ever appear in the paper, i am not a great scientist or a doctor, or a social worker, suddenly felt god laughing at me, and when this came out, i could only bow in shame at his designs for us...any way thanku for ur compliment. and for my hairstyle too..regards sudari kannan

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

chitra,
    i appreciate ur enthusiasm for the same, being in a land with very little vegetation, although they have mentioned a lot of development there, going green producing their vegetables and so on, all this i had mentioned, but it seems the editor cuts out and then produces what he feels is enough..any way thanku..regards sundari kannan

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Sundari,

Wonderful article and coming at the right time. I am a fellow bangalorean too , and have seen Bangalore go from the nice Garden City to the Concrete mess it is today.
    Finally i get to see the Lovely YOU. You look very smart and chic, and yes a really cool hairstyle too.

Rgds
    Vandhana

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear vandhana,
    may be i am preparing u mentally to what bangalore is going to be on ur arrival, keep the heart beating for those days that it was, my photo seems to have distracted all, any way thanku for ur compliment and when do i get to see u..:icon_frown: regards sundari.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sundari,

First things first....you look smart and lovely:) Nice to see your pic:)

Congratulations on your article. It is an honor to be selected by Hindu. As an IL'ite, I feel very proud too!

It is a well written piece, no wonder it was recognised and published on the Environmental day. I hope like Mother's and Father's Day, it is not thought of only on this day and people, communities and the world recognises the importance of leaving a safe Earth for the generations to come.

A very good and thought provoking article Sunkan. Keep them coming:)

L, Kamla

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sundari,

First and foremost, you look great,gal! Nice to see your pic, in fact only after seeing your pic did I realise that I am 'seeing' you for the first time.

And then second and foremost, congrats! An article in The Hindu is The Tribute to a writer. And that too, you have chosen such a valuable subject to coincide with Environment Day. For a Keralite like me, it is sad to see the jacarandas and gul mohurs being chopped down to make way for hiedeous buildigs and Gulf style malls. I pray that more persons will think and act like you.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamla,
    let me be honest, i love the greenery so have done, but that coming on an environmental day was the editor's choice, any way they insist on a photograph so had to hurrburry and ask ajit to take one..i am happy all of u like my photograph but dont know when i get to see all my friends here..regards sunkan

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hey vidya,
    i have a lot of fill in the blanks where ur concerned anyway not here abt it. ya even i was damn surprised because this article is an outburst of mine, with the neighbor piling up dirt on all my rare plants and they are thriving because of all that vermicompost going in, and the cement blocks coming down like thunder making my fluffy go mad with the sound, even the roads are jammed and sanitary and water pipes bursting giving us enormous trouble, any way he the editor of hindu flicked away my rain water harvesting and written all in his name, its ok now came to know these things happen..must be happy with what is being done..love sundari

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku tulasi,
    i am happy that i am among friends who think like me and appreciate what i write...regards sunkan

10. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey Sunkan

A great Article.... But again i really liked your picture, specially Silver Locks... u look really smart.

~Abha

2 people like this.