1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sunkan,you are a priceless gem in my jewel box of friends!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Mar 28, 2010.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Sathya,
    Only you can wite so beautifully expressing your felings in short verses.I did not know that you had come to see me
    Iam very eager to meet you.
    love
    mithila

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. mithila kannan

My dear shoba,
    You said it.Friends are people in whom you can confide.How nicely you have put it across!
    I guess friends are the people with whom you can reveal anything and just be yourself without the fear of being judged.

Lucky are the people who have friends

3. mithila kannan

My dear sandhya,
    You are a blessed one to have such good friends.May God bless them and you.
    love
    mithila

4. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mithila

It was wonderful, touching and poignant to read your warm ode to friendship.
    I remembered a line by R.L. Stevensen : "A Friend Is A Gift You Give Yourself "

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithila,

Wht a lovely post, and it is specially good bcs u hve good words to say about me.HAHA

It was lovely to have met u and yr husband over lunch, and what a lovely lunch that was, and iam sorry i ate away all the dosas without leaving one for u.And when i came to know about u, i had lost yr phone number in the old mobile that was stolen, and i did not know from whom to take, for i wanted to ask about u.Thank God, that u are now well enough to write and move about, me and harsha were so worried.

and dont feel guilty about friends, it happens, if u did not keep in touch so too they did not.And this is a matter similar to that of a tree that sheds leaves, to get new ones, happens with all of us at the same time.

But to acknowledge this fact takes great courage, and i hope u get fine fully, God bless u.give my loves to Laxminarayanji, tell him i miss his blogs, sp he better write on my say so.Gem of a husband u have.

Regards

kamal

6. mithila kannan

My dear kamalji,
    When you speak,you speak from your heart and that is the reason you are popular among your frriends and in this IL community.

It was wonderful to have you with us for lunch,I cheish every moment of your stay with us.

SLN is preoccupied with running the household.Vaidehi our daughter sends us breakfast and dinner.We get catering food for lunch.In Chennai getting a reliable maid is next to impossible these days.Fortunately,here we have been able to get good maids.
    Everyday I get up from the bed and thank God for the gifts that he has bestowed on us.
    Yes,SLN is a wondeful DH ,Iam confined to my room.So every now and then he enters the room,says'Hi' to me in a cheerful way,makes small talks with me.Even if I cough a couple of times,he comes to me,puts on the oxy meter on my finger stays with me till my oxy level is ok and then he goes to sleep.I think that Iam one of the luckiest wives on earth.
    We have a handkerchief size garden and SLN is busy tending to it,almost every day he goes to the nursery to buy saplings.

Please give my love to Harsha.God bless you and your family.
    love
    mithila

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  7. mithila kannan

My dear TL,
    Thanks a lot,my dear for that lovely fb/I particularly liked the quote you have given.
    love
    mithila

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mithila,

So nice to see you reminisce about friends.

Like you mention, all of us know about the warm hearted Kamalji whose main aim seems to be to make us laugh everyday!

I will always remember Sunkan with warmth. She just has a knack to grow close to the heart. I have had the pleasure of talking to her even though did not manage to meet her. I do miss her 'photoshopped' posts, she has a unique art of writing. Sathya too is very dear to me and when I see her rhyming posts, I feel all is well with the world!

I agree with you about making and keeping friends. Friendship needs nurturing and I too lost my friends due to distances and travel. Maybe I use those only as excuses. But, luck has been on my side where friends are concerned. Even so late in life, I have met some gem of people and do cherish their friendships.

You take care my friend and keep us entertained with your lovely posts.

L, Kamla

9. mithila kannan

My dear Kamla,
    Thank you for the lovely fb.
    Sunkan is a good soul.She introduced me to IL .I owe my happiness in this community and my lovely friends' affection for me to her.It requires a big heart to come and see a friend who has not kept in touch with you for a ong time,she has that.
    Kamalji!He is such a dear!He makes me feel that I studied with him in school and exchanged marbles with him.Iam very fond of him.

Yes,Kamla,distance separates friends,but we in IL have found the means to make and enjoy the love of friends.

This blessed computer has become everything in the world,I just can't live without typing atleast a few lines every day.
    Kamla my very dear friend,God bless you.
    love
    mithia

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010