1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sun Tan To Sun Burn

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by blindpup10, Jul 28, 2020.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

For the past few weekends, we have been outdoor and I am sunburnt, to a point that I am in pain.
    Sunburn is around my shoulders/ arms/neck/back. I use Neutrogena before going out and once during my time outside.
    I get suntan-ed, but getting sunburn is the first time.
    I read that brown people don't get sunburnt, why am I feeling this kind of pain?
    Could it be cancer?
    Any homemade/ pharmaceutical remedies to ease the pain and not get sunburnt in the future?

TIA Ladies

2. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

It could be sun burn. When we visited beach last time it was around 100 and DH's shoulders and back got burnt. he forgot to apply suncreen there. It took a week or two to heal and it was visibly peeling off. How long has it been going on for you?

blindpup10 likes this.
  3. blindpup10

For past 4 weekends have been out. Now my arms and my shoulders are in serious pain. Don't see any peeling. I use oil in shower and cream to sooth the pain.
    We are planning to go out this weekend again. I am dreading it.

4. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

Try applying aloe vera gel (natural one from the plant is best if you have access to it ) to the affected areas, continuously.

blindpup10 likes this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you are going to be out in the hot sun you should reapply your sunscreen every couple of hours. Also try to reduce skin exposure. Unless you are at the beach wear light colored and long sleeved clothing and pants. I like linen as it is more airy than cotton. Also make sure you have a hat. You can look at athletic/outdoors clothing which comes with built-in sun protection.
    I use Blue Lizard sunscreen for the body and Elta MD for face.
    Sunscreen also loses up to half its SPF value if it is more than six months old, so make sure yours is fresh.

blindpup10 likes this.
  6. blindpup10

I usually buy sunscreen every few months. The one i am using is SPF 70+ and a month or 2 old. I have ordered a blue lizard. At this point I am ready to try anything. Do Blue lizard have just spf 50?

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

50 seems to be the maximum. You can check with a doctor to make sure you don’t have any hypersensitivity.