1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Summer day camp

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by Amitha, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Are any of you planning to send your children for summer day camp? Please tell where you have selected, price, timings, etc., I am searching for my DS1 and thoroughly confused. Thanks in advance.

2. swapnam

swapnam Senior IL'ite

How old is your son?Do you want to send your kid to home based summer camp or looking in some schools?If you are looking for home based summer camp I will provide that...

3. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Swapnam my son is 5.5 years old. I am not looking at sending him to school for summer day camp. What is this home-based summer camp? Can you provide me details.

4. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Amitha;
    Did you check with YMCA?
    -Nitha

5. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Nitha,

I have talked to his school, woodbridge YMCA, Woodbridge Township Recreational office, Goddard, kidsports and another county office (in Parlin) also. That is why I am confused. I don't want to put him in some place where they charge more. So Goddard and Kidsports are out.

I am not sure. I want feedbacks about the summer camp. Most of his classmates are not going for any summercamp. I want him to go for something, otherwise he'll drive me nuts at home.

Ladies come on, pour in your suggestions.

6. swapnam

swapnam Senior IL'ite

home based means it was not run by organization...some indians will be doing crafts,painting etc at home...

7. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Depends on what kind of activities you are looking for, are you looking for full day or half day.its personal choice.
    I normally send my dd to full day from 9-6 as i work from 9-6 so i look for camps which provide till 6pm. Our township has awesome camp with day trips every week to one place. They have from 9-6pm for 8 weeks, the price is per week $125 + additional fees for the day trips which would be $40-$60 depending on where they are going.
    I have seen my friends sending their kids to 1/2 day camps like science camps or sports camp..etc.