Summer classes for kids in chennai.

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by krishsudha, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Re: Summer Camps for Kids

Dear Rupa,

I too wanted to post about summer camps and you got it going! Thanks! I too would like to know about summer camps for my nephew. And why not post about summer camps all over Chennai instead of just the south? That way a lot of folks will benefit. Looking forward to hearing about loads of camps.

Regards,
    Anitha

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi rupa, anithaA,

The details of summer camps will come during end of march and registrations usually start in the first week of april. Since I am going out of chennai, I will help you with a list of places where there can be tentative camps so that you can contact and post the same

The young world, and metroplus do carry the details most of the time.

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Ramakrishna Mission has a summer camp every year and children from all over Chennai come here without missing it. They are taught crafts anmd slokas and it is from 9-30 to 12 noon. The fees last year was Rs. 500.

Bamboola organises summer camps every year. This year too they have organised story telling and then crafts also. For details contact: 24611779

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Ramakrishna mutt, mylapore has campes ususally from the 1st to 31st May. Contact number -2462 1110

The Children's Club Society. 96, V. M. Street, Mylapore,2847 4140 they have camps.

Ashraya, Chateau D'Ampa, No 37, Nelson Manickkam Road, Nungambakkam
    they have activities every year...check them out.

Madras Craft Foundation, G-3, Madhuram Flats, No.6, Uroor Olcott Road, Besant Nagar, Chennai – 90.Ph: 24462435 / 24918943 conduct classes at the foundation and also residential camps at dakshinchitra.

Cartoonist Rahnu- conducts drawing classes, in one of the schools. keep an watch...94442 48579

Kilpauk Chess Centre at Primrose Play School, 2, Waddels Road, Kilpauk
    -they conduct chess camps.

Triangle Tennis Trust, Nandanam hold summer Tennis camps usually - 24353082

Andhra Mahila Sabha at 109, Luz Church Road, Mylapore. Phone : 2499 4761 also conduct camps.

The Music School at 66/99, Dr. Rangachari Road, Abhiramapuram..(the conduct summer keyboard classes..)

Nehru Children's Cultural Association will conduct a summer camps. I was interested in the one on Mathematics last year.do check them at.24453014

SRsports Academy puzhuthivakkam has summer camp in table tennis, drawing, tennis,swimming.

Along with this there will be nature trails, story telling, drama, abacus, drawing and painting, rowing classes..which will be announced.

5. rupamudoi

rupamudoi New IL'ite

hi shanti

thanks a ton once again

just a lil more on summer camps now u know here in bangalore they have these summer camps where they have a whole lot of stuff like swimmimg skating and some other indoor games etc so it is lika day long schedule with multiple skills so is thre something like that in chennai? mostly these are organised by schools in bangalore which have the infrastructure

any more clues???
    best
    rupa

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi rupa,

My kids schools has summer camps. I still have not got the circular. usually it is for swimming, keyboard, karate and all.

There is one on The velachery -tambaram road at Sembakkam- MAV academy whose address and phone number i have already given in extra curricular activiities...they should be having summer camps-they have roller skating, tennis, yoga, swimming...

and some of the schools do have summer camps..which will be announced towards the mid march and end march..let us see if we can compile the list and details.

7. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

You really are a gem! I wonder where and how you get so much of information from!:wowWill surely check out these places, especially the one in puzhuthivakkam. :)

Regards,
    Anitha

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi AnithaA,

The one in puzhuthivakkam, my kids go for swimming and other camps whenever they have the time..just check out the turnover for tennis..the place opens by 4.30 in the mornnig

btw there is a gym, yoga also there..and swimming is taught by ladies for ladies

9. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hey Guys,

That's gud..........to c this thread..........Actually i thought of posting details about the Summer Camp which v r going to organize......

The details are below

Drawing, Coloring, Handwriting, Paper work, Album Making, Greeting Card Making, Mehandi, Dance

Paintings - Spray, Glass, Sand, Fabric, Foil, Velvet, Pot

The Camp is near Madipakkam, Palavanthangal and Nanganallur....(in 3 places)

The Duration is from April end to May 15th...........

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

AnithA,

Forgot to mention. there is karate and cricket coaching in the new prince school campus ullagaram. my son attends regular cricket coaching. there is summer coaching also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.