Summer Camps 2009

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by himsini, Mar 2, 2009.

1. himsini

himsini New IL'ite

With holidays around the corner, it's time to think about making the vacation a bit more interesting. Lets share some useful info about camps happening in the city this summer. Here's what i got.

1. Eurokids is conducting summer camps across their branches, though the details have not been put up on their website. Happened to come across an ad in the local newspaper. Contact number for the Velachery branch is 98844 98398. I guess camps are happening in Medvakkam, Perungudi too.

2. Another organization "Inme" is organising field trips for the older ones. More details can be found on inme

3. Kanchana paati is also organising summer camps. Again, details can be found in their website.

Will post more as i get them.

2. Smita4679

Smita4679 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies -

I am looking for summer camps/extra curricular activities for my daughter who is 3 years old. Please let me know if you know of any activities planned near Saligramam.

Thanks-
    Smita

3. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Summer vacation plans for kids

dear ladies..
    i was not sure this was the right forum to put this question. (moderators - request you to pls move it appropriately)

what are the plans for your kids during summer? you might be planning for a at-home-summer, or a trip outside chennai. but i am more interested in getting to know of the summer schools/activities that are available for children in chennai. anything that your kids did during the past vacations would help too.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Summer vacation plans for kids

Asha,

I have plans of going to muscat this vacation. the last one also I went to muscat.

though we will be there, Veda will be free only on the weekends, so weekdays it is ipl season, so mostly cricket runs(DS is cricket fan). I teach my daughter some embroidery or some other craft. apart from that we read a lot.

This year we are planning to read and discuss some autobiographies. some mental maths and some creative writing.

They practice singing too..

Looks boring isn't it.

Well if i was in chennai, the music/instruments classes will take some portion of their time. DS goes to cricket coaching too. the school conducts swimming and other coaching classes. DH's uncle runs the Sports academy in puzhudivakkam, maybe some summer course like chess, swimming??

But yours is too small for all this. you could check out the summer camps run by many playschools, and others too...i think there is a thread that we discussed summer camps 2008.

there are drama activity camps, adventure camps, drawing and crafts, you name a class you have it in chennai these days..

5. asha_karthik

Re: Summer vacation plans for kids

Thnx shanthi.. that sounds real interesting.
    If i had the complete control, i would fill my LO's summer with just carnatic music. but i cannot do that for now. if u get more info on classes held around thiruvanmiyur, pls let me know.
    I see that there is already a thread started for summer camps 2009. I will continue my discussion there. thnx again.

6. asha_karthik

himsini.. good u started this thread and thnx for the info. kanchana paati and Inme hv activities only for kids above 5 years. Can you or other ILites provide with more summer activities held around thiruvanmiyur/adyar area pls? Eurokids is one.. wud call them and find out.

7. thananju

thananju New IL'ite

Any GOOD summer class in Tnagar surrounding

Hi Ladies,

Please help me find a good summer class for my son in and around T Nagar,westmambalam, Ashok nagar from March of April 1st

Thanks

8. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Re: Any GOOD summer class in Tnagar surrounding

Hi

What kind of classes are you looking for?!

Cheers
    Jenz

9. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Hi Jenz,

Can you tell me info about drawing/painting/sketching class for my 7 yr old in t.nagar or w.mambalam area?

Thanks,
    Viji

10. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai,

You can register into www.yokibu.com, where u will get the most of the details about summer camps in many area. and they also have info about summer camps in Tnagar.

Just send them a request and they will send u the link.

It is purely kids website.

and in Yocee.com also...........the same