summer camp - 2011.

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by Shanvy, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

With request from friends, I am kickstarting the summer camp thread ..

With the confusion in the academic year end and the academic start in many schools both state board as well as the cbse there is a not much announced with regard to summer camps.. however based on what i heard, what i read in the papers, what i have seen last two years, I am giving a tentative list. people can add to the list, as long as there is no self promotion.

anybody intersted in advertising contact induslady@indusladies.com, other can mention the classes in the ildirectory and just refer to it ONCE here.

I have tried my best to give the correct information, but if there are mistakes/errors please feel free to correct.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Cricket :

Chakra Cricket coaching, nanganallur has summer camps. -9444406890, 9445390042

CLRI Ground,Adar, Chennai 20,894165208

coaching at No 3, North Jagannathan Nagar Near Railway Station, 4TH Street, Villivakkam, 9884922860

Sports development authority of TN,they have coaches conducting various camps. For more details write to them at sportstn@eth.net ; sdattn@sdat.in

Budding genious, has two camps..call to enquire at -9962626223

Special summer camps for girls, tamilnadu women cricket association. 9884063832

Coaching camp for boys between 8 to 19 years from may 1st to june 15th at the new college grounds Raman academy, 9884318136

Reddy cricket coaching academy, 9381030395

Vb academy has courses, both basic, advanced and summer. booking before is necessary i think. check them at VBacademy

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Chess :

SSK, No 122, Near Nalli Silks, Kamaraj Avenue 2nd Street, Adyar

Viswanathan, 9841550485, Anna nagar west extension.

SUBRAA CHESS ACADAMY ,
    9944304317 . teaches at home, groups, associations.

Aaron Chess academy , kasturi bai nagar adayar.

One of my son’s classmate goes to this coaching and he is doing well.
    Mount chess Academy, gopinath street, ullagaram, no.22424299

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Tennis :

Baseline academy has summer coaching camps.

Tamil Nadu Tennis Association
    SDAT Tennis Stadium, Lake Area,Nungambakkam, 2817 0381

Tennis Coaching Schools and Academy,No. 30, Gandhi Irwin Road,MRC Stadium,2819 1034

check out the other tennis coaching centres too..krishnan tennis centre, tiruvanmiyur,
    M.A.V. school at selaiyur.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Skating

y.Chennai K.K Nagar Roller Skating Club) 106, Lakshmana Swamy Salai,
    K.K.Nagar, Ph: 9884687229, 9092090920

M.V. sports, selaiyur.has summer camps.

Football:
    Crazy about foot ball then check out the camps by mahogany football Chennai. They have a summer camp at Louis blind school from april 22nd, to may 31st 2011, for more details visit their website, there is training at R.A.Puram and Sholinganallur

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The regular camps:

Most schools/playschools are conducting summer camps these days. check out with your kids school/playschool first.

E J Music and Art Academy has some summer camps, they are at tansi nagar, velachery

Live the art, kodambakkam have some summer camps for age groups 3-16

Hansel & Gretel is conducting camps for Storytime, Sing-along, Drama, Puzzles, Drawing & Painting, Craft, Games and much more at T.nagar.

Children’s Club,No 96, V M Street, Mylapore, Chennai, 600004 has some camps, and this month it is table tennis. Call them to get the itinerary of the summer camps

Hippocampus Children’s Experience Centre No. 4, Old No. 7,12th street, Nandanam,
    has summer camps call them to confirm the dates/details.

Interested in sending your kid for a olympiad training. well there is a camp starting on april 15th and ends on may 5th. call 9840468848 for more details. (it is for 2nd to 7th class kids.)

Shiksha preschool has summer camps at mahalingapuram.

Science geek, brainyeinstein is the place to check out. No.13. Old No 4A, Shrinivasa Nilayam, Third Main Road,Vijayanagar, Velachery, Chennai-42. they have not yet announced the summer camp for 2011, but going with 2010 am sure they will.

Check out simple labs, funtronix camps. Simple Labs | Simplifying Technology

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Interested in dance camps, check out Abhai’s (Association of bharat natya artistes of India) summer camp this year. Contact S. Sivakumar at 94447 97714

Kids E zone has some summer camps. They are at kilpauk. 9952326315.

S.V. Arts and Crafts, 19, 3rd avenue, Indra Nagar,Adyar, Chennai 20 have summer camps for ages above 7. as the name suggest, it is for art and craft lovers.

You want to shape up the musical talent of your child better, check out maarga. They have a Advanced musical summer camp at DPS-AIM, westmambalam.

Kaanchana paati, nungamabakkam has camps at all its branches and they claim physical training and games are also part of the camp. Check them at their website.

Artistic Pottery Training Academy, Chendurpuram Extn,5th East Street Idira Nagar, 2nd Cross Kattupakkam, Chennai 56 conducts summer camps on pottery.

Kinderstand has fun camps. Check for details at everonn.

Intrested in theatre check out Acting Career|Acting Jobs|Modeling Jobs|Alchemy India

Check out dynacamps for the variety of camps that they have.

Prodigy kids, ashoknagar, had some camps last year.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

You want to your child to enjoy a outing with same aged, like adventure loving kids, then check out aavishkaarindia. (girls if anybody has reviews on this person, I would love to know as I am contemplating if I can on sending my son..) :::Aavishkaarindia:::

Ecologin and ignite minds have a non-residential 5 day programme. For more details check out Basecamp at ecoLogin

9. dheepu81

dheepu81 New IL'ite

thanks shanvy.......your post was very helpful........area specific information is needed, so ladies please help me out.

adambakkam
    (preschool age group)
    meeras tiny tots at vv colony 2nd st is conductiong a week long camp on montessori activities for 2 to 5 year olds in may.

roots to wings at mohanapuri 2nd street has camp yet to announce details

akashya school at shawwallace colony is conducting camp from may 1st to may 31st they focus on writing, spoken english and drawing.

i play i learn near bhuvaneshwari amman temple is planning some yoga aerobics camp........yet to announce.

hope its useful.........i eagerly waiting for more replies.
    dheepa

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

dheepa,
    thanks.

Areawise becomes very difficut. these days parents don't mind sending their kids to far off places if they like the variety/activities offered by that camp.

I know a few friend's who send their kids for residential camps inside chennai though they are from chennai.

do come back with more activities and camps.

will include them .