1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Summary of RC/JS/CB/UB/KJ novels

Discussion in 'Books & Authors in Regional Languages' started by nirancha, May 12, 2010.

1. priya8716

priya8716 Junior IL'ite

Glad that it helps. Thanks!
    This thread is also useful to me as a collection of stories I have read/liked. I read a lot of books but I rarely remember the titles. I have downloaded novels many times and then realized that I've already read the story. So I hope it helps people like me :)

2. priya8716

priya8716 Junior IL'ite

Novel: Kannile anbu irundhal
    Author: JS
    Synopsis:
    I really liked this story, but I think it is hard to summarize it well. It has many characters and sub-plots, so I will try and stick to the main plot. So that way, you will find unknown story bits when you read the story. The characterizations are done well.
    The heroine Ilakiya (such a beautiful tamil name, but looks odd with English spelling) is beautiful, fair skinned and well educated. Her parents arrange her marriage with Manivasagan. He is rich but very dark skinned, not college educated, has a huge family to support and runs a bunch of grocery stores. She does not think he is a good match, but is forced by her parents.
    On their wedding night he asks, just to fill the silence, if she liked him. She stuns him by crying and says that he should have asked before the wedding. He asks her to sleep on it and discuss in the morning.
    She realizes that she spoke without thought, that he did nothing to deserve this and that she should try to make good of their life together. But Manivasagam does not think he could live with someone who had to compromise and accept him. So he decides to keep the marriage going until his sisters and her sisters are married. Then he promises to give her a divorce and even find someone suitable for her.
    The story goes from there and builds scenarios after scenarios where she comes to truly appreciate her husband and his family. There is not a single moment where she suddenly falls in love. She realizes that he had to quit school to take over family business, how he single handedly grew his business, how he takes care of his family, how loving he was but strict if needed, how well respected he was. As time goes, she realizes that she rarely notices his skin color or other flaws that seemed huge before. Character and behavior take precedence over appearance.
    Manivasagan's brother Sundar is also a fun character. He falls in love with Ilakiya's sister - Iniya. However Manivasagan opposes the marriage. He does not want to complicate things when he knows that he will separate from Ilakiya. By this time, Ilakiya realizes that she was foolish in the beginning. She declares that she never wants a divorce. But Manivasagan simply says that it is a bad timing. He does not want to spend his life in doubt wondering if she compromised again so her sister's love would succeed.
    The story then turns into an ego struggle between the two that is resolved by some family intervention.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
    pavipesugiren likes this.
  3. RajeswariN

RajeswariN New IL'ite

Novel: Azhage Vaa Arugil Vaa
    Author: Kanchana Jayathilagar
    Hero : Vasantha Pravagan
    Heroin : Preethi
    Summary:
    The story starts with heroine Preethi is in Malaysia with her brother, his wife and two children in a Tea Estate. Preethi's parents died when she was very young (10 to 12 years). She lived with her brother. When his brother (Vivek) got married to Vimali, Preethi was happy that they have one more member in her family. She even did not go to college because she thought she should take care of anni. Vimali is fair skinned and always made Preethi feel inferior for her skin colour in front of her relatives. Vimali arranges for Preethi marriage with a good for nothing Cameraman and even did not consult her. Vivek needs to go for an one week Seminar on Planting techniques to an island near Malaysia and he takes Preethi with him as his wife & children left to India for Preethi Wedding Purchase.

Preethi meets Pravagan there at the seminar and both feel attracted to each other. Preethi doesnot disclose of her engagement, thinking that then he may not speak to her. In the Seminar she also meets their Parents friend & guardian Santhanamma who scolds vivek for fixing marriage of Preethi with Cheap fellow and asked him not to dance to wife tunes always. Preethi just overhears Pravagan & his friends chatting and she hears him saying “she is simple but good company for 2/3 days but for lifetime a shining beauty is required”. She thinks Pravagan is not serious about her. She finds a advertisement for Caretaker for two children in an Estate at Tamilnadu & goes there convincing her brother & without telling Pravagan.

In the Estate, there is one Old Lady with two small children the children mother is away at City due to accident of their Father. Naturally Preethi is liked by them. After three days Pravagan comes there. He is the maternal uncle of the children. They both say anything to others but whenever they meet , there is small friction between them. Once Preethi saves Pravagan from an accident and she is also hurt in that. Then only she realizes that her love for Pravagan is still there. But Pravagan still could not find the cold behavior of Preethi and just asks her to marry him. When she asks about what he told in Malaysia , Pravagan says he was referring about his Jeep during the stay and their differences vanish & they both ready to get married.

Rating : Good

4. priya8716

priya8716 Junior IL'ite

Novel: Mangalyam Thanthuname
    Author: ChitraBala
    Synopsis:
    Sindhya and Venkat are newly married happy couple. She is thrilled when she becomes pregnant but is shocked when she overhears her husband requesting to abort the child. She faints and wakes up in the hospital. They tell her that she had a miscarriage. Her husband acts very caringly but she is very upset. Her husband's friends try and console her saying that Venkat never wanted to have any children. She is enraged and decides that she cannot put up with her husband's act.
    Sindhu lives with her parents and is separated from Venkat for 2 or 3 years. She is not in touch with Venkat, but his mother is always in contact with her. She develops a good relationship with her mother in law, but she refuses to give the reason for separation and refuses to reconcile.
    As she is separated from her husband, they find that good marriage proposals for her sister are stopped. At that time, Venkat again requests her to come back. His mother is ill and he wants to keep his mother happy. She agrees to go back as it will also help her sister's marriage.
    The rest of the story is Sindhu's re-entry to Venkat's house, the relationship between the two and the final clearing of the misunderstanding.

Rating: Average story but written well enough to read till the end.

Disclaimer about my rating: I am not a big fan of stories where the characters are estranged because they do not discuss their issues. In reality, most people would say what is on their minds, at least out of anger or just to blame, if for no other reason. In the end of this story, her husband readily gives his reason for abortion as soon as she tells her reason for separation and all is well. If she had asked his reason in the first chapter, there would be no story :) I am sure many wouldnt care about this issue. These stories are for relaxing and like others I also accept many unrealistic things but unfortunately this particular issue has turned into my pet peeve. Other than this, the story was fine.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  5. priya8716

priya8716 Junior IL'ite

Novel: Vethamadi Nee Enakku
    Author: UB
    Synopsis:
    Soundharya is a bold and outgoing girl. Her first meeting with Pradeep is a clash. She would help an elderly women on the road when his car hits her. She speaks harshly to him. She then sees him in her friend's wedding. She realizes that he was responsible for the wedding and that the other day he was going in a hurry to help another one of her friends. So, she starts thinking favourably about him, but never meets him again.
    In the mean time, she comes to know about her grandmother she never met. Her mom and dad did love marriage and hence her mom was disowned by her family. Her grandmother had died and had left all her wealth to Soundharya. She had also left Soundarya her house, even though her grandson Jeeva lives there. Her grandmother had written Soundarya a letter saying that Jeeva treated her badly and hence she does not want to leave the house to Jeeva. She also requests that she does not discuss this with others.
    Soundarya goes to her grandmother's place. She meets Pradeep there as Jeeva's friend. Pradeep manages her grandma's factories. Pradeep thinks that Soundharya is very money minded, since she came only when money became hers and never before. In spite of this, he is attracted to her and they end up married.
    After wedding, he asks her to give her grandmother's house to Jeeva, since she had already inherited a lot and also since Jeeva grew up in that house. This starts the whole trouble. She refuses to give the house and refuses to say why. He accuses her of being greedy. Things go downhill from there. They torture one another, do and say things to hurt one another, she starts to take over her factory and behaves in such a way that makes her look more greedy. After too much drama, Pradeep realizes that Jeeva is bad and that Soundharya is not greedy and they live happily ever after.

Rating: Poor in my opinion. This story was the turning point to make me dislike stories where characters do not sit down and discuss their problems. The grandmother's secret is not strong enough that the heroine should choose to ruin her marriage for it. In addition to that, she makes it worse with constant fights with the hero. I was too irritated by the heroine. She behaves very badly with her husband, tortures him and herself for no good reason. But in the end, he says 'Vethamadi nee enakku'!!!. LOL. Unbelievable :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  6. priya8716

priya8716 Junior IL'ite

Novel: Madaleria Oviyum
    Synopsis: Mahathi and her friends are on a mission to unite their friend Raksita with her lover. Raksita's parents have forced her into marraige. Hence her friends kidnap the bridegroom on the night before wedding, hoping that her parents would be forced to marry Raksita to her lover.
    The kidnapping is successful, but it turns out they kidnapped the bridegroom from the wrong wedding hall - Yuvan. Yuvan had agreed to his marraige to satisfy his parents. When he realizes that he was being kidnapped by two girls, he doesnt put up any fight. Mahathi realizes the mistake and they all abandon him in a remote place. Yuvan's bride marries someone else, while Raksita's wedding takes place as planned.
    After a few months, Mahathi accidently hits Yuvan's car. She flees once she sees him. However she is not so fortunate in her next meeting with him. She sees Yuvan in Delhi and has no way to escape. So she apologizes and explains her side of the story. Yuvan finds Mahathi interesting and wants to know her better. So he asks her to help him with his work and she accepts. Mahathi is trying to save some money to help a poor girl's wedding.
    During their time together, Mahathi and Yuvan fall in love. He takes her to visit his family and they like her very much too.
    So, everyone likes everyone. The only problem is the hestitation to declare their interest in one another. Each thinks that the other person is interested in someone else. They keep meeting but all the talk leads to more mixed signals. Finally after some misunderstandings, they are forced to open up and all is well.

Rating: Average+

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  7. priya8716

priya8716 Junior IL'ite

Novel: Sandhitha Velayil
    Synopsis:
    Sanjana falls in love with Prem when she was a young girl. Prem is amused by this infatuation and slowly finds that he is also attracted to her, but keeps his thoughts to himself. She is frustrated by his lack of response and tries to make him jealous. He is finally pushed to his limits and on impulse he shouts out his marriage proposal. She doesn't hear it but her relative does. Her relative talks to him privately and says that Sanjana is too young to think of marriage. He agrees to wait and pushes Sanjana away from him. She is really heartbroken and decides to never marry and focuses on her studies.

After many years, Sanjana still refuses to marry and decides to go to a job. She interviews at a big company but in the end finds out that it is Prem's company. Prem is thrilled that she is back in his life. However she acts very coolly towards him and he is plagued by doubts. He sees that Sanjana has become a beautiful, matured, well educated woman. He had always loved her but is worried that she would have overcome her childish infatuation.

Prem is quite jealous of every man in her life. To make matters worse, Prem's own brother Arun is a close friend of Sanjana and declares that they are going to marry. Prem is really torn between his love and his desperation that he would lose her.

Sanjana is also having a tough time. She is still in love with Prem but has no hope since he has already rejected her. Hence working with Prem is pure torture, especially since he is quite rude to her. His rudeness gets worse whenever she tries to talk to him about Arun's problems.

The story goes from there, with their relationship alternating between hot and cold, until they are forced into a marriage due to circumstances and finally understand one another.

Rating: One of the best ChitraBala novels.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  8. sweetneru

sweetneru New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

If u have UB's Vethamadi Nee Enakku, can u pls upload it..i havnt read tht novel..

thnx,
    neru

9. priya8716

priya8716 Junior IL'ite

Hi Neru,
    Here is the scribd link - UB- Vethamadi Nee Enakku
    If moderator deletes this link, try searching for this book on scribd or in the esnips link that people have posted in this forum.
    Regards
    Priya

10. sweetneru

sweetneru New IL'ite

Thnx Priya.

Rgds,
    Neru.