Sumangali Prarthanai & Pondugal

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by mkthpavi, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sorry, Saratha, I am not a competent authority to give you a clear answer. Go by what the family elders feel, is right.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. svidya

svidya New IL'ite

Dear Chithra mami

This is the first time I am replying to you and will continue to interact with you in future, whch I think id unavoidable.

I just can't express my thanks and surprise by words to You and also to our wonderful site which is very informative.

A thousand thanks for the details sumangali prarthanai. The various posts of you , I will keep it as a treasure for the future to perform our customs & traditions which I value the most.

Thanks......

Vidya

:bowdown

3. Bts

Bts Junior IL'ite

Dear Chithra Maami,

Fantastic As usual.. We need more people like you. In this case , i really have to appreciate my M-I-L:). She had no details handed over to her but she made her own research with all relatives and general paddathi and formulated a plan:cheers. The best part was , we are telugu brahmins brought up in tamil nadu and living in Blore . She cleverly incorporated all the salient features of all states which i can clearly understand after reading yours.

I'm in fact grateful to her now all the more for guiding . Maybe when i return to India, I shall ask her the details and post that for everyone's benefit , ofcourse with your permission.:idea

Love
    Bala

4. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Thanks for the info its very useful and in time :) by luck ,since my BILs marriage is this nov 8th and 9th we have the sumangali Prarthanai in the mantap itself .It will be of great help for me to understand whats the next step ....im the manteponnu and as u told we are not allowed to sit since we are considered as the daughters of the house and we need to do the valambal part....

Thanks Again .

Love Meena.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  5. singingbird

singingbird Bronze IL'ite

soopero sooper....only with Indusladies everything can be performed... Thank you....

6. umanu2716

umanu2716 New IL'ite

Hello and Goodmorning

Nice and happy to see your response, and I need the recipe for MangiliPondugal (Thanjavour) If possible make it soon My sister"s
    daughter marriage is next month in Singapore. It will be easy to follow

One more clarification Is kalyana pondugal and sratha pondugal

are same If not Pl. give me that procedure

Thanks

Umasundar