1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

suggetion please.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by archu1981, May 6, 2010.

1. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

hai friends..
    we are planning to move home from sunnyvale to cupertino..right now we are living in a single bed apartment with 2 kids aged 7yr son and 4 yr daughter....my kids are so organized they cleanup evrythng and maintain everythng properly by them selves....i love it...now the problem is
    all my sons friends are living in a 2bedroom apartments where as we live in asingle..whenever we visit his friends places..he loves the way they have thiere own rooms..and beds...he wants the same...but when it comes to our side we live in single bed apartment where my both kids sleep all by them self in a bed...we both sleep on floor(we have aback problem)...
    so i wanted to rent a double bed apartment but my DH wants asingle bed ..his points are
    1.its waste of money????
    2.if we take a2 bd thn we have to buy a 2nd bed(ofcourse no use)
    3.more stuff keep coming(again waste of money)
    4.kids will get scared sleeping alone!!!!
    and where as my points are....
    1. we can see for good deals and move...
    2.no need of 2nd bed which is waste we can sleep as we are now...
    3.more stuff comes wen we buy it.if we dont im very controlled of buying stuff.)
    4.my kids are happy sleeping alone..they dont want any of us to be with them...
    5.they will get separate room of themself so can concentrate more on theire work..
    6. it will give a decent look if we have visitors(we have friends,relatives around...so visitors are often coming)
    can any one suggest how to convience my husband based on these points.

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Archana,

All your points are 100% valid to me, provided you get a good deal and the difference between 1 & 2 BR is not steep or is affordable.

Go on your own and first find a great deal. Then with hardcore evidence at hand (the deal) convince your DH with the same points you listed. Find an apartment that is closer to school or his workplace so that will be more appealing to him.

Certain things, if you keep discussing it will go on forever. Just jump into action, find the deal, take him, show him. Tell him to consider it with an open mind. He may see your point.

With a 7yr old and 4yr old, 2BR will be a good decision. And one more thing, sometimes you get 2BR but the sqft will not be much.. then you end up cramped again as the second bedroom will be good for nothing. In such cases, single bedroom is much better. So consider the plan of the house too when you look for 2BR.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Do your apartment people know that you have 2 kids of different gender living in a 1 bedroom apt? As far as I know, beyond a certain age, 2 kids of different genders are legally required to have separate bedrooms. Do some research on google on california housing laws or talk to the apt people directly. Use this to convince your DH.

If not a 2 bedroom, you can always go for 1 bedroom with den to get some extra space. Apart from looking at just apartment complexes, check out rental listings on craigslist.com to get good deals on renting condos or townhomes.

here are some I found on craigslist in cupertino

CUPERTINO
    Upstairs 2x1, ready soon 1/2 off 1st month
    1.5ba Townhouse Apt - Miller Ave & Stevens Creek Blvd
    Spacious 2BR,1.5BA, near De Anza & Highway 85!!
    Best School, Monta Vista High, Regnart Elementry

I don't know how you are managing 2 kids in 1 bedroom apt. I moved from 2 bed to 3 bed when I had my first kid 2 years ago as I could not deal with all his stuff ... hats off to you!!

4. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

thanks for ur replys friends....you know what..im living in sunnyvale from 2007 buttill date my name or kids names are no where mentioned in lease contracts...and my dh mentions as family in leasing form..????i dontknow why?and now also we are searching for apartments where he will say he is gonna stay with family if they insist then he say wife and 1kid ....even he asks me to tell same when i go talk with apt people...

5. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Kids under 21yrs old will not be included in the lease contract. Here in PA its illegal to live in 1br even if you have 1 kid.More than 2 people can't live in 1br apmt.
    With 1 kid you need 2BR apmt by default.

Last edited: May 7, 2010