1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions To Make My India Trip Frugal

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mangaii, Mar 1, 2020.

1. mangaii

mangaii Platinum IL'ite

Yes I was planning this trip after long time. But with two kids I don't want to take any risk . I hope before end of summer break this virus dies down. What is scaring me is how residents of ca with infections have been treated so far. State don't have enough testing kits and mostly we have to go through public health system for testing. In my opinion I don't think this state has resource to handle the crisis.

2. Minion

Minion Gold IL'ite

@mangaii are you still planning to travel to India later this year if you do travel can you please post your travel experience, I was planning to travel this summer to India but cancelled it due to COVID-19 but now planning for a trip in 2021 summer.

3. mangaii

mangaii Platinum IL'ite

Mine will be also summer 2021 . Right now we have only vandre matram flights and with changing immigration rules and winter coming up I prefer to travel only next year

Minion likes this.
  4. nuss

nuss Finest Post Winner

@mangaii - I noticed that you are in CA. We fly out of SFO/OAK. Also planning to go to India in summer 2021. If you fly out of SFO/LAX, you can get flights under $700. United and BA have nonstop flights to Delhi. I am not sure about Bangalore/Chennai. You have plenty of time, look out of United credit card with 70-80k miles. You can book 1-2 flights on miles and other 2 on United credit card to receive free checked-in bags. This will save you money on flights at least.
    I check flights on Google Flights and Kayak. I like Kayak better. Check 3 days before/after your ideal date and you'll see differences in fare if any.

5. SGBV

SGBV Finest Post Winner

Has anyone actually travelled here as planned?
    How was your experience during this pandemic?
    Did you & anyone known to you travelled with kids?
    How risky it is to travel with them these days?