Suggestions re: Child education

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by Antu601, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    does anyone know whether one can seek admission for class 10th cbse in India if my daughter completes her 9th std here in Dubai?
    Is it that if she is doing her 9th std here, she has to continue her 10th also in the same school?:spin
    please friends I am very tensed as it is already recession time, everyone knows and many jobs are also affected. We never know when we too will move out but before anything affects my daughters studies ,I will have to think about her continuing her 9th std.here.
    should i let her continue with the 9th here or send her to India where she can finish her 9th and then the boards.:help
    i hope i will get the guidance from illites, i have a lot of faith in you all, please do advise me.Drowning
    as only a few days are left for the school to start, i have to make a proper decission.....here in dubai or india.:bang

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009

2. Srividyak

Srividyak Senior IL'ite

Hi!

What i personally feel is if u want her to study in india, it is better that she goes in 9th std itself as she will have enough time to settle down. There is no hard and fast rule that u should complete both 9th and 10th in the same school.

dont worry unnecessarily. today's children are very smart they can face any situation.

All the best

srividya

3. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

hi,:hiya
    Thanks to you. Actually from 2 days i am looking out for good cbse schools in india and i came across a new school in mumbai. i forwarded them my daughters marksheet and the reply was that they will take an entance test and then they will decide.
    i am looking forward fr a good future for my daughter. some of her friends have already left for india and they are continuing there in hyderabad hostels. they told her that they have iit also for 9th std.
    i am not able to make up my mind for hostel life for my daughter.
    thans again.

4. Srividyak

Srividyak Senior IL'ite

Hi!

Are u planning to go to india or just send ur daughter.

Srividya

5. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi antu,
    as far as education is concerned im always ever willing to say yes to indian education and if ur wants to take up a professional carreer then its better u send her there. here the college studies is not that good as in india. if u have an option of sending then please its better, for now as well as for the future. regarding hostel life, ive never come across such situation so cant say. well like u even i might have second thoughts about sending in hostel. its better she goes to mumbai and get best of the best education there in good school and college.

6. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Antu

I agree with Srividya.. i've been confused about the same matter too, my son being in 9th std now.if you are planning to send her to india do it this year itself. Most of the 'good'schools do not admit students for 10th...Also 10th is a crucial year for them and if she shifts now she'll have enough time to adjust with the new atmosphere also_Or else let her complete her 10th here and you can look for admission for 11th in india..i understand your concern about sending her to hostel. Aren't you accompanying her to india? As a mother my view is that yu should be with your daughter till she completes 10th..

7. shwetaaashikaka

shwetaaashikaka New IL'ite

Hi,
    yes my frnd what others r suggesting u is rite. i am working in a school in delhi. if u want to make ur daughter study in 10th then its better u send her to class 9th . as most of the school are apprehensive in taking students to class 10th bec its a board class. its easier to get admission in 9th as compared to 10th.
    tc.
    shweta.