Suggestions on opening boutique in Ernakulam

Discussion in 'Cochin' started by Rej, May 12, 2009.

1. Rej

Rej New IL'ite

cukz,
    so honestly if there was a plus sized dress,great design,good finish etc... how much will a person be willing to spend? I recently saw some yummylicious kurtas for plus sized ppl. very nice, very sabyasachi kinds and these were also very pricey lets say around 8000 to 10,000rs Great for an occassion. would you buy something like that?

plus sizes are naturally more expensive cos as I have understood it - most shop guys buy wholesale, and wholesale is cheaper if the quantity is more. in plus sizes the shop guys can't order thousand pieces (unless u live in mauritania hehehe...) so limited stock, higher prices!

and some of the plus sizes are specifically designed etc... i was talking to someone today IT background and she said that she would be willing to spend between 500 to 1500 on a decent salwar kameez and between 100 to 400 for lingerie. what do you think??

2. NewWoman

NewWoman Senior IL'ite

Rej,
    I think it is a wonderful idea. Kochi defn needs more boutiques like the one u r planning. Simple and classy outfits, cotton and linen and textiles that can beat the heat. I find it unbearable to wear synthetic clothes during my kerala visit as I turn into a puddle of sweat. There is also a big demand for sarees with difft kind of embroidery(zari, kalamkari etc). All my cousins in kerala are wearing that during the wedding season. The western clothes I have seen ppl wearing are quite atrocious. Garish colors and eigthies styles. Am no expert but price wise 1000-1500 rs for salwar kameez at average, from what I have seen. Good luck with your venture.

3. Rej

Rej New IL'ite

thanks forthat!! iam definitely going to put western clothes,perhaps fusion - some tie and dye skirts with tshirts, basically clothes you dont have to go all the way to bombay and bangalore to buy.

4. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

I may not be able to answer each and every question but I am sure if you advertise it properly people will flock to your place. Kochities are always looking for change , If you are bringing more variety under one roof .good for the customer. When I mean kochi It is Ekm. town. if the product is good. they do not mind spending. better to do some market survey to get good insight.:thumbsup
    best of luck.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  5. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

I may not be able to answer each and every question but I am sure if you advertise it properly people will flock to your place. Kochities are always looking for change , If you are bringing more variety under one roof .good for the customer. When I mean kochi It is Ekm. town. if the product is good. they do not mind spending. better to do some market survey to get good insight.:thumbsup
    best of luck.

6. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

best of luck.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  7. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

My computer got stuck while loading the message and same got repeated thrice.Tried deleting it which is not happening. may be I am not sure how to do it properly. sorry about that
    manchitra. you have more wishes from me.

8. Rej

Rej New IL'ite

thanks manchitra,

the latest on my boutique is that I am working on putting an exhibition to start with in time for eid(towards last half of ramzan):idea... so it should work as a curtain raiser as well as it'll be my timid step into the world of women's clothing. that's around mid september. so it gives me sufficient time to get my stuff together. for eid i am planning only indian ethnic and dressy stuff mainly. all ideas are welcome.

xo

9. Rej

Rej New IL'ite

Re: update

Hi all, I am in Kerala now. The update is that 22 and 23rd august Iam putting up an exhibition in RamaVerma Club in ekm.

I am still working on my logo and tagline so pls. give me your suggestions. Calling the boutique - boutique Bollywood.

the clothes will be funky and up to date with whats in right now in Bombay and the metros. all are exclusive one of a kind pieces and I hope to be able to stock clothes right from S to XXL. There's indo western and ethnic wear and if things go according to plan some limited edition Half Sarees specially for Onam.

So its very funky, youthful, as well as glamourous, and classic.

The taglines I have comeup with so far are:

1. Make it your style.
    2. Wear your dreams.
    3. Think bling.and so much more.
    4. 'Cos normal is so overrated.
    5. Where size meets style.

can you comeup with something???

going crazzzyyy :bonk Rej

10. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

nice concept. awaiting for the grand opening/