1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions on decorating my Bed Room

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Vatu, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Vatu

Vatu New IL'ite

Hope everyone is doing well.

Recently we bought a new flat in delhi. Now am confused how to setup my bedroom and decorate it. Its a 2 BHK flat.

So kindly help me how to setup my bedroom. These are the list of things that i want to place in my bedroom

1. Double bed 7x6 feet
    2. Godrej Almirah 3x2
    3. LCD 40 inches
    4. Computer Table 3x2
    5. Dressing table 2x1

And here is rough drawing of my room.

http://i.imgur.com/m85eq.jpg

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hello vatu,

from the diagram you have provided this is what I think will work -

Bed - head on the wall next to bathroom. If you do this, the TV has to go on the opposite wall but i think there may be a glare from the windows/balcony. So you could try the opposite way.

On second thoughts, the opposite wall is better and the TV on the wall next to bathroom door.

Next to the head of the bed could be your dresser or Godrej almirah

On the wall right next to the entrance door could be the computer table and either your dresser or Godrej almirah.

Hopefully other ILites will give you other ideas! Enjoy decorating :)

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

as srama says,

the wall next to the entrance of the bedroom for the head of the bed. that way you have a clean space..not sure if the bathroom entrance is in the middle of the 13 ft..if so 2.6 and 3(assuming 3 ft on the other side), makes it 5.6 ft.. and the rest would be 7 a very tight fit..

you can have 2 ft moving space for the balcony, and also to open your almirah.. you can have your computer next to that bathroom door on the other side..that 3x2 should fit there dressing table on the place next to the bed..2x1...

lcd obviously goes to the wall next to the bathroom on the right side..

you have a length wise space..13ft..so you will get the hang of it, once you start arranging..the main focus should be the bed placing and the rest will fall into place.. ensure you have moving space on all sides otherwise it will feel cramped..

do post how you placed them..

4. Vatu

Vatu New IL'ite

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

vatu,

if you are happy, that is all that matters. Personally for me I like to keep the windows area open :) Just one thing - have you checked how that window might be/reflect right across the TV?

Do post your finished bedroom pictures!

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the light from the windows, will fall on the lcd unless you are going to keep it closed all the time and also curtains drawn

and the computer table so close to the lcd will be a distraction if you are to work from home..

7. Vatu

Vatu New IL'ite

The main problem of the room is width, If i place the bed near the bathroom door, then i have to place the LCD on the opposite wall. Total width is 9 feet, Bed With 7 feet, so i have 2 feet, in which 1 and half feet or 2 feet will take the wall mounted rack (To place Setup Box and PS3). so i have only 1 and half feet to space between bed and LCD area.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  8. zorgavesan

zorgavesan New IL'ite

Hii i am from Gurgaon and i had purchased my flat before 2 years and hire a architecture. Because i don;t want to compromise with my dream house. This is my first house so i hired a professional architecture.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
  9. MetrialKrusto

MetrialKrusto New IL'ite

The best option is to go and consult Interior Designer because they had good sense of color combinations and designing. I recommend you this option because as you said in the discussion that place width is short.