suggestions for which career to start

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by vidhyasundar, Oct 5, 2007.

1. vidhyasundar

vidhyasundar New IL'ite

Hello,
    I came to U.S.( voorhees, south newjersy) through L2 visa valid till feb 2009 and I have applied for EAD(work permit). I have a kid of 3 years old.
    I am a B.E. with M.B.A. graduate(in HR) with one year experience as lecture and 6 months as CCE in a BPO.
    I wish to go to a job for about one year in U.S. I need suggestion for which job can I apply for so that I can easily get it and how to apply for it?
    Since I am new to U.S. I don't know anything about this country.:?

expecting suggestions...........

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidya - welcome to IL. I would suggest that you contact a recruiting agency ( sometimes referred to as head hunters). Since you are in the HR field, I am not sure if there are some that specialize in HR ( I am not familiar with them) - they can definitely help you out. Also have you tried browisng through some websites like Monster or Career builder to see what is out there? These might give you an idea as to where the potential is.

Good luck job hunting!!

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

I would second Shobana's suggestion. Check out Monster, HotJobs and Career builder.

Also get the sunday edition of your local newspaper. That might also give you some idea of the local jobs available.

As far as your question about which job would be easy to get..it really depends on your skill set and interest. Are you interested in being a teacher, or working in HR for a company here or using your BE background...?

All the best!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007