Suggestions For Visit To Niagara Falls

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Rajisivaraj, May 6, 2017.

1. Rajisivaraj

Rajisivaraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends

We recently moved to Rhode Island. And we are planning to visit some places in and around.. My husband has a long weekend this month end. And we are planning to visit Niagara falls.. It has been a dream for us to visit this place. Can anybody give some me some insight about it.

If anybody has an experience visiting the place, please share it here.

P. S
    I wanna know about accommodation, food and places near by to visit for 3 days.
    I have 1&1/2 old son.

Thanks in advance
    RAJI

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I might be late for answering your post since you might have already planned for long weekend next week but writing just in case.

You can drive to Niagra Falls and its quite scenic. Since you have 1 1/2 yr kid, look for hotels not far from attraction itself (falls) and food/gas/conveniece stores near by.

We have been there few times and once when kid was 2 months old. That was mistake as she was too little & my body was sore & as it was too long drive for us and with my kid it had become double.
    So plan for unnecessary and unplanned stops as kids can get fussy.

We have stayed in Millenia ( or millenium..type name in Buffalo) . It was v good and posh hotel but not very near to falls. Also lot of crowd in main site area ( around falls and in market) so it was taking us much longer to reach there.
    There are many many Indian (punjabi) restaurants so you will not get food issues. If you prefer to home cook for kid, get the hotel room with small kitchenette Or check if hotel itself has facility to warm milk etc ( like common microwave etc)
    I usually taking basic stuff like rice/salt/ghee, electric rice cooker (just for emergencies) and keep it in car unless required.
    Then I visit the convenience stores first to get milk cartons and bananas and bread etc. Rest of stuff I bring from home ( snacks, cookies etc)

Long weekeds can get very trafficky there so hit it early so you can plan to cover more. Also be ready for long queues at bridge to falls and restaurants, to restrooms or cafeterias. I would keep my bag full with kids food stuff atleast.
    Btw, I am not sure if you can take your 1.5 yr old to the "mist of maid" ( boat ride to bottom of falls). Just check. If not, you and your husband will have to go one by one. If yes, then, dress in layers for kid as it can get cold fnear falls ( ofcourse wet). Keep some extra clothing for kid. Get hat/sunglasses/sun block too.

Rajisivaraj likes this.
  3. Rajisivaraj

Rajisivaraj Bronze IL'ite

Dear... Thank you so much.. To tell you the truth i din visit Niagara falls still.. Planning to go by july.. Due to some reasons it got postponed..Thank you so much for replying.. Its a wonderful idea to carry electric cooker...i will do it.. Also for stay we are planning for holiday inn or extended stay.. You got any ideas abt those places??

And thank you for the check list once again...