Suggestions for marketing home catering

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Surekha1217, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Surekha1217

Surekha1217 Senior IL'ite

Hi pals,

H r u all??? I am Surekha ..I was living in AUH b4 6 mths, my hubby lost job coz of recessions nd nw v r settled in Muscat...Posted many threads in Oman area but no reply...so thot of getting help from u frnds...I am planning do a home catering in the sense prepare food at home for small parties and occasions nd deliver them 2 d needful...Is there someone whos already doing dis here??? If so or not please suggest me some ways hw can I tell abt dis 2 all in Muscat some marketing ways, hw can i pack my food?? wat could be the rate of the food items in order 2 attract people...Hw could dis b practically executed..Ur valuable suggestions r required...Thanks in Advance.

Rgds,
    Srka

2. ramyaseenu

ramyaseenu Senior IL'ite

hi surekha

welcome to muscat. Where are you staying in Muscat. I am in Wadi kabir area. Here you have got good demand for home cooked food for parties. There a few ladies mainly gujarati ladies doing the same. What kind of food are you planning to sell.

Once you get one order, you can be sure that your reputation will grow through word of mouth. In any case you can post a few ads in supermarkets also.

3. Surekha1217

Surekha1217 Senior IL'ite

HI ramya,

I am in Al khoudh area. Wer r u from in India...I need some suggestions abt hw they manage doing dis??? I am planning 2 provide south indian nd north indian both veg and non veg but at a cost lesser then the hotels...also kerala food and tamilnadu food items....

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  4. ramyaseenu

ramyaseenu Senior IL'ite

hi surekha

Al khoud is quite far from wadi kabir. I dont know about that area. But here in wadi kabir, ruwi, it is mostly word of mouth. Or you can put up some leaflets in Khimji / KMT (Ruwi). Also i think many people rely on Haridas Nency in Ruwi for various Indian food items like bajra, joware ka atta, and other typical items not available in other shops. There also you can put up a pamplet. Or what some of the people i know have done is given some sample items in their building so that they are aware. They can then spread the word. Similarly you can do the same in your husband' office. With the kind of food you are planning to cater, i am sure that you can get a lot of offers. You just have to wait till you build up a decent clientèle.
    As far as i am concerned, I am basically a tamilian but born and brought up in Delhi.

ramya