1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for good sewing machine

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Mallika29, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Mallika29

Mallika29 New IL'ite

Hi friends ,

I would like to know which sewing machine( Brother ) is good to begin with . I really don't have any idea which one to buy . I want to know what features I should look for . But I would prefer it with some embroidery stitches too, to try out later . It would be helpful if someone can give me the model number . I'm really confused about which one would be really useful for me .:confused:

Can someone help me with this ?

Thanks

Luv,
    Mallika

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

In my experince the sales people are very helpful. If you have a dealer shop closeby please go and visit and explore the different models. Also browsing in the internet and comparing prices and review will help.

3. Mallika29

Mallika29 New IL'ite

Dear AC,

Thank you so much response . I really appreciate it . I did visit 2,3 shops (poor husband of mine, he accompanied me everywhere ) but I've not decided yet . I wanted to know if we get a machine with some stitches , can we try out our own embroidery patterns ? I just got this sudden interest and want to try out . Thanks anyway .

rgrds,
    Mallika

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hello,
    nice of you to have interest in sewing, it is a very good stress buster and you will enjoy the work.
    Well, I have a Singer Fashion Maker, with 21 types of stitiches and button stitching etc. It is very good, I bought it 18 years back.
    Now there are so many new types of machines which are automatic and do most of the jobs effortlessly. And they are operated with power, not pedalling type. You can try something like that,. Buy the best ones so that later you will not feel that it was not enough.
    Happy sewing!

5. Mallika29

Mallika29 New IL'ite

Dear Ma'am ,

Thank you so much . I'm also looking forward to buying it and like how u've said it's better to get a good one . Actually I want to try stitching some table cloths and cushion covers with aari work on it . Let me see how far I go . Will surely let u know once I get it .

Best rgrds,
    Mallika:)

6. bindhudani

bindhudani Senior IL'ite

I recently bought a Usha Janome stitch magic.It has a lot of facilities and is working good too.Am spending a lotta time exploring it each day

7. mdunew2002

mdunew2002 Guest

Hi Bindudhani
    Greetings! I am debating between Usha Janome Stitch magic and Singer Fashion maker 4228. Pl. write your experience on usha stitch magic. It will very helpful to me.
    Thanks

8. supandi

supandi Silver IL'ite

dear mallika,
    See if u are looking for a Indian make.... USHA Flair is god...i have purchased that last year and its good.U have a few stictches,beading,button stitching.
    Have a look at Singer too ....my personal experience is that this model and make is good
    love
    Supandi(Kala)

9. vavachi

vavachi Junior IL'ite

Hai
    Me also using Usha Flair, its also a verygood one. one advntage s alot f stitches other than normal one..its portable one,like wherever we want we can take that as we are carrying a briefcase..
    its economical also..

Hai supandi,
    till this time i dont know how i can use all the needles and stitches.. if nybody knows please help me to show how i can use every stitches in it:thankyou2:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  10. myworld

myworld Silver IL'ite

Hi good morning!!! I am in a confusion to purchase a sewing machine.:confused2:
    Conditions:
    -> Easy to work.
    -> It shouldnt be too expensive.
    -> Brand names:Allure/Flair/Stich magic

suggest the best for me....:):help