1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

suggestions for decorating living room...

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by achu, Jun 2, 2010.

1. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

hi friends...

please suggest me few ideas to decorate my living room. let me brief you about the room....

1. its a small but lenghthy room [ for example, a regular sofa seater -3+1+1 might not fit it, while a corner sofa might be quite spacious ]

2. paint - shades of light blue , 3sides with light blue , while one side of the wall , is quite darker than the sea blue...

3. ceiling is low, false ceiling.

4.there's one window too....

ladies please come up with your creative suggestions regarding the colours for -furniture , curtain , and any innervative ideas which will help to bring life into my living room....

2. gaya3manikandan

gaya3manikandan New IL'ite

If you are looking for furnitures, how about a diwan(the type that has a height only few inches from the floor), it will not eat up much space.

You can have bolsters and cushions that match your curtains. A curtain holdback too will give a nice look.

And with respect to curtain colors, i feel since the wall is blue, you can go for blue + green(less of blue & more of green). Not sure how good you will like the combination, just a suggestion! :hide:

3. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

thanxs gayathri , green and blue combo seems good , i'l keep this in mind.... i have always admired this combination in silk sarees :):):)

4. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Yes a diwan would be a good idea. And cushions to match the colur of curtains and maybe a rug too more or less the same colour. You can have a few different but same colour of the curtains, cshion cover and the rug and you can keep changing/rotating to give a different look to the room.
    This is what I have planned to do in our new house.

5. meensatwork

meensatwork Bronze IL'ite

You can have a small table preferably with glass top for keeping papers and books in the shelves below the glass top. You can keep a flower wash at the or this Vaasthu bowel ( made of brass ) at the center of the glass top to make it more attractive.

6. lovelydecor

lovelydecor New IL'ite

If possible send me the pics of room. Because after seeing your room anyone will help you best. So send us a pic after that we will help you in changing your room decoration.

7. Lucywu2012

Lucywu2012 New IL'ite

Yup, I agree with you and if you send us a picture it was much more useful!