1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions For Dad's 80th Birthday

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Aarushi, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

I am going to India in a few days to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday. Any suggestions on what kind of birthday gift I can give him? Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

2. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

Wow, huge milestone for him and my wishes.

Indian parents value gold gifts for all occasions. For my dad's 70th bday I was thinking along the lines of package tour to Bali (relaxing) or Rishikesh tour (pilgrimage) or Egypt (World wonder) etc. Maybe his favorite books or new small car or forming trust in his name for sponsoring kids education, donating something in his name to local school/homeless shelter etc

You know what will make your dad utmost happy...

Aarushi likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I think presence of your family and kids, time you spend with him, your happy faces will be the greatest gift to him. You know him better. You can ask him or your mom on what exact he wish for. Generally a trip to any place of interest, new clothes/jewelry (I dont think any materialistic things make a difference, but depends on the person), a get together function with all family and relatives, etc can be considered. Wish him a happy birthday

Aarushi likes this.
  4. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Senorita and DDream for your wishes and thoughtful suggestions! You are right, us going there itself has delighted them. I’m planning to get a photo book made with pix of memories over the years. Will buy him some nice clothes and books (he loves reading) and take them out to dinner to a fancy place. I love the idea of doing something nice in their name- will check out an orphanage nearby to see if we can sponsor education for some. Love the idea! Thank you again!! Hugs ❤️