1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for a good shampoo and conditioner

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by divija, Dec 22, 2006.

1. divija

divija New IL'ite

Hi all,

How r u?This site is really amazing.....:p .I have a problem plz help me.I have very long hair ..I dun put oil to my hair at all.
    I use pantene shampoo and conditioner.But my hubby doesn't like this shampoo smell...previously I used sunsilk and himalaya herbal essences but no use.My hubby didn't like that smell also.I want to try new shampoo but am afraid that it may leads to lot of hair fall.Soooooo...plzzzzzzz can anyone suggest me good smelling shampoo and conditioner with less hair fall and for
    silky hair.My hair is silky and normal..(not too dry not too oily).Thanks ...

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A Problem indeed!

Dear Divija...
    I am not making light of your problem, but could not help smiling. All the hair products you mentioned are good ones....and yet, your dear hubby doesn't seem to like it?! What you have to do is the following! Drag him along with you to the shops and let him smell the shampoos and conditioners and select them for you. And it better be a good one...Problem solved:)

L, Kamla

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Divija,

I support what Kamla Says. Drag your hubby along and make him smell all the shampoos before buying.
    For a suggestion, i like Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Shampoo. It has a nice minty smell. You will not find it in the regular stores. Go to a mall where they have shops selling hair care stuff, and you will find it there. If your hubby likes the smell then shop online on the web where you will get better deals.

Vandhana

4. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Shampoo for hair

Hi Divija,
    I just saw ur posting.

I am using Herbal Essences Jasmine shampoo
    I saw U live in Canada.
    I live i USA .
    Hope u will get this shampoo in Canda also.
    Really it smells nice just like Jasmine flower.

Hope this will helps u to find good shampoo.

Bye:wave
    Suneeta

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi friend

hi better u try Dove shampoo & conditioner,it is very mild.

6. divija

divija New IL'ite

Thanks

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your patience for giving responses...I will definetily follow one of ur suggestions..great work...:clap

7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Aloe vera is good for face?

Is it available without any chemicals in markets? Heard someone telling that a cream called Fruit of the earth or something which is made up of aloe vera and no chemicals or less is good for face. Any clue...

Rgds.

8. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Natural form is better

Hi ami,
    ALOE VERA(popularly called as SOTTRUKKATTRAZHAI in tamil ) is available naturally.Get that plant and extract from it.When it is available in natural form why should we go artficially.I don't know where you stay.If you are in chennai surely you may get it.When you are supposed to buy that in shops surely something(chemicals) may be added to preserve it. My suggestion is" Use Herbal Products as such"

BhargaviChakravarthy:wave

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks for yr suggestion.

Hi Bhargavi,

I live in NJ, USA and not sure where it is available here. Anyhow, appreciate yr prompt reply.

Anyone like Kamla, Anjana can reply for my query or do u guys know where it is available here?

Thanks in advane.

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

No idea...

Dear Ami.....

I have not paid much attention to the herbal cosmetics and shampoos etc. I know there are many aloe vera preperations at the drugstores and chemists. But like Bhargavi says, surely some chemicals must be added to them for preservation. I remember seeing aloe vera being sold at my local asian store(chinese, korean etc). I wondered as to what their usage was and did not give much thought about it. Try it out at your local asian or chinese stores if you have them nearby.
    Lots of luck.

L, Kamla