1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

suggestion to give nestle nan pro or not

Discussion in 'Infants' started by catherine26, Aug 23, 2015.

1. catherine26

catherine26 Senior IL'ite

hi
    my baby is 9 1/2 month old his birth weight is 3.4kg and now he is 8.5kg.he is very active babbling,rolling and crawling but he is lean like my husband but my father inlaw saying he is lean and he saying to give nestle nan pro to become chubby one of the dr suggested this to him...im effectively breastfeeding him and my supply also well.after he wakes up he not drinking milk after that he drinking well.he taking solids well..should i give formula feeding ? im not like to give formula feeding.pls suggest what to give to make chubby?

2. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

I don't advice to give nestle as your feeding is good . It depends on each kid to be chubby or lean. Till they are healthy nothing to bother. You can add ghee, dryfruits especially kaju 3-4

3. Minkis

Minkis Junior IL'ite

I dont think you need to give additional formula unless your doctor recommends it. Chubbiness or leanness depends upon genetics, even if you do give him formula, he may not put on weight. My daughter eats a lot for her age, like an adult and she is very lean and in the lower percentile of her weight.

If your baby is drinking milk fine and eating solids then its best not to introduce artificial calories through formula, instead offer real food as the above poster suggested including chikoo, banana, ragi with ghee/jaggery, eggs, avacado, peach, pear, sweet potato, meats,oats, whole wheat etc etc..

Minkis

1 person likes this.
  4. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

I agree totally with what Minkis suggested.
    Body type is mostly hereditary and doesn't change with diet. Me and my sisters eat so less still gain weight. While everyone in my DH's family has a good appetite still lean. So is my son.
    As long as he is in the normal weight range for his age its fine. Formula is suggested only if breastmilk is not available for any reason like low supply, working mom etc. Nothing is better compared to breastmilk.
    Give him wholesome food including fruits, veggies, pulses, rice chapati, milk products like yoghurt, dry fruits.

5. goldfish99

goldfish99 Silver IL'ite

nothing seconds a natural wholesome diet or breast feeding for a baby. Nan-pro doesnt help in increasing weight, else my son would have gained a lot now ;)

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Being healthy and active is more important that being chubby. You are providing one of the best foods for your son. So do not replace it with formula.

7. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

Your child seems to be putting on weight adequately and so long as he is playing well and eating well there is absolutely no need to include artificial foods.. Studies have,suggested that children who are obese have a higher chance of struggling with obesity later in life so thee is no need at all to 'fatten' him up.. Give him a balanced diet and a bit more ghee if you feel like...that should be enough..and pls get him dewormed..