1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

suggestion required

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by devikanthi, Apr 2, 2007.

1. devikanthi

devikanthi Senior IL'ite

Hai everyone,

We are planning to visit Pitsburg this weekend and from there we want to go to Niagara falls. Actually I have a ear problem (my eusthatian tube has been blocked so whenever I fly or go to high altitudes my ear starts paining severely). So can anyone help me in this whether I should go to Niagara falls or not because I dont know what problems I could get after going over there I dont want to avoid this because we are going back to India in May. So atleast for my husband sake I want to visit the falls once. I will be very much thankful if anybody can help me out of this

bye
    Dev.

2. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dev,

The towns where Niagara falls is seen by tourists on either side of the border is not at a high altitude. So you should have no problem visiting there. Ear problems get aggravated at high altitudes. As much as I remember none of our ears were getting plugged either at the scenic view level or when we were in the boat lady of the mist down at the falls. You might want to skip the boat ride if the water mist might cause you ear aches. (swimming/dipping under water is not recommended for kids who have tubes inserted due to repeated ear infections by the doctors here.)

Enjoy your trip......

Pushpa

3. devikanthi

devikanthi Senior IL'ite

Hi Pushpa,

thank u for the help but still I have a doubt. We stay in Roanoke (Virginia). We have a Roanoke star over here (situated on the top of a hill) when I tried to visit there my ear started paining as we were heading the hill so we had to come back without seeing that. So now you tell me should I still go there or skip off?

4. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Hi again Dev,

At Niagara the falls are created due to a great ditch formed ages ago. The Niagara river falls in to this ditch. So what I was saying is that the town is not on top of a hill. So should not be a problem for you.......

Pushpa