Suggestion required to buy formal dress in chennai or online

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by krishlakshmi, Sep 19, 2013.

1. krishlakshmi

krishlakshmi Silver IL'ite

I have some business trip to USA which enforce me to wear business attair(formal pant with shirt)...My questions are:
    1)I am in obesse side, worried how i am going to fit into this dress.
    2)Where in chennai i can buy the synthetic business formals which can cover my big back :hide:
    3)Is there any good online where i can get the formal dress ,but i just have 6 days.(I tried on Jabong/Koovs) I couldn't find anything good of my taste.
    Save me please with your ideas and feedback :bowdown
    Note: I am not allowed to wear long kurtis.I am not choosing cotton tops due to maintainence reasons.

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

You will get some in Westside, Pantaloons, etc. but they are too finicky to have dresses for us plus sizes! Try in Naidu Hall, TNagar. Back in 2008, I got few from Rex which had quite good pants and shirts across sizes. My advise would be to just buy 2 pants and couple of shirts/short kurtis and rotate them for the first month. Then go to JCPenny in US to get lovely dresses in cheaper range. Happy shopping! :-D

1 person likes this.
  3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

BTW I have my own reservation in buying online just bcoz the sizes may not fit and it would be a waste of money

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

there is a store call plus that caters to the people who are on the heavier side. http://www.pluss.in . and also there is a boutique for plus size that had wonderful collection, that was featured on ndtvhindu long time back, forgot the name.

that said marks & spencers has a nice collection though costly. you can check out chennai silks, pothys and naihaa too.

rex fashions, megamart too have some collections. scullers has some wonderful collection.

if you do not mind the to check out, you can also check casual moves, they have some plus size collection though it is export reject.with silly reasons like the stitch not in line, or the tag not in the correct place.

1 person likes this.