Suggestion on Food to increase breast milk

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Swathivenkat, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Swathivenkat

Swathivenkat New IL'ite

Hi all,

Can you please suggest food to increase breast milk.It will be really great help for meee.

Thanks in Advance.

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

dear swathi,
    i can give you one sure shot idea for increase in Breast milk from my own experience. at home my mom makes bread toast with milk and eggs for breakfast. if you have no idea about it see this recipe.take 2 cups of milk,add about 5-6 spoons of sugar,2 eggs and whisk them thoroughly.then dip the bread slices in the mixture and fry on the pan with a little bit of oil on both sides till it turns brown. eat around 4-5 slice of this and you will see instant effect.do try and tell me if it was helpful or not.
    some people dont like something sweet for breakfast so instead of sugar you can add red chilli powder or pepper powder according to your taste.
    Also keep yourself hydrated with plenty of liquids.keep a bottle of water beside you and whenever you are BF ing the baby make sure you have water before and after BFing the baby.this increases the production too.
    hope this helps and never ever give up thinking tht you wont be able to BF the baby..you have to try and try as its a kind of health insurance we provide for the baby

3. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

hi,

I also feel that taking bread in any form will help increase milk supply. try to avoid too much spices especially green chillies for sometime. U can also try taking bottlegourd cooked with moong dal.
    Also, u get GALACT - an ayurvedic powder that can be taken with milk for helping lactating mothers. Take it 2 times a day.
    Hope this helps.

4. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

U can have methi soaked in water 3-4 times a day. have methi ,dill leaves and bottlegourd.. they all help in increasing milk supply.

5. gypsy2

gypsy2 Bronze IL'ite

drinking milk twice a day or also bread dipped in milk helps.
    Also have more garlic in your food as it increases milk production.