1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

suggestion needed while travelling with 5months baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by harshsai, Feb 12, 2014.

1. harshsai

harshsai New IL'ite

HI friends,

I'm blessed with baby boy and he is 3months old, we are planning his Annaprasanam in Guruvayoor during his 5th month and i'm giving him lactogen so i need a suggestion for bottle feeding while travelling like how to manage for hot water, sterlizing.

Thanks.

1 person likes this.

2. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Hai harshsai,
    Congrats for being a mother...you need to carry a small household boiler (branded one) 2 flask(1 with very hot water and other with warm 1)for cleaning and mixing milk, 2 bottles to feed...you need to prepare lactogen once in 2hrs and feed.Immediately clean the bottle with bottle brush and dish washer 1drop with plain water.Orelse you will have remains left.even if you sterlise it.Then use very hot water for cleaning it once more and let water remain in bottle until you feed next time...Ask your mother to do this cleaning process while you feed.so you need not wait long to continue journey.Next round use the other bottle.Ofcourse then it would be almost 5 hrs.you can use boiler to heat when water is empty in flask.Use mineral water only..Best wishes for all his milestones :)

3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Harshsai
    Guruvayoor is a big city,and even around the Guruvayoor temple you will find many big supermarkets.So even if you run out lactogens,medicines etc then you need not worry.But yes prevention is better than cure.
    I guess you're going to guruvayoor to feed baby his first solid food isnt it?? :)
    I had also taken my son to the same temple for his naamkaran.
    Because the que outside the temple is long do keep an extra bottle of feed ready.And yes some extra towels.While in the car/vehicle in which you are travelling avoid bottle feeding,this way you wont have to constantly worry about sterilising bottles.(I am assuming its not a very long journey to temple from your place)

4. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Not related to this, but FYI, Guruvayur devasam doesn't allow men or women to wear pants.

Salwar pants are also not allowed, if we you salwar, you still have to remove bottom and wear mundu.

5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

No no...in last few years whenever I visited the temple I saw ladies wearing salwar kameezs.Its allowed these days.
    But yes men are still not allowed to wear pants and boys are not allowed to wear 3/4ths.

6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Are you 100% sure? coz I remember ppl were wearing salwar with mundu under.. But then i haven't been there for many years.

7. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

200% sure.
    I go to guruvayoor temple every year.
    And from atleast last 2-3 years I have seen ladies wear salwar suits.