suggest some easy italian recipes which we can try at home

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by abc00, Jan 22, 2013.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

I have a small get-together coming up and I plan to make something Italian. Suggest some quick and easy italian recipes which can me made at home without cheese preferably or less cheese.

If any recipe needs pizza dough, please let me know if I can get store bought dough than making it from scratch.

Suggest a quick appetiser,main course and dessert.

2. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Here are few suggestions.
    Appetizer

Tomato & Basil Bruschetta

Directions:

1. 1
      Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil.
    2. 2
      When combined slowly drizzle in oil.
    3. 3
      Add tomatoes and let sit for 20 minutes at room temp.
    4. 4
      Meanwhile back at the bat cave, toast the bread.
    5. 5
      This can be done either in the toaster (if it's got really wide slots) or under the broiler (if using this method watch closely so it doesn't become a brickette).
    6. 6
      When the bread is toasted rub each piece, on one side, with the whole garlic pieces.
    7. 7
      Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with tomato mixture.
    8. 8
      Sprinkle on a little cheese and broil till the cheese melts (you can skip that last broiling bit and it's equally as wonderful).
    9. 9
      Serve immediately.
    10. 10
      The tomato mixture also makes a wonderful vinegrette for an antipasto salad.
    11. 11
      Enjoy! You can leave the cheese out if you like.

For main course you can make Lasagna which you can bake before hand & serve with a salad & garlic bread. Let me know if you need a recipe for Lasagna.

or Make Pasta in a mixture of red 7 white sauce & then don't add any cheese.

or you can make home made Pizza ( dough can bought or make it at home, upto you) But if you are having a lot of people then Pizza is a little slow thing as each one takes time .
    www.allrecipes.com is a great site for great recipes.

have fun!