1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest me a Washing Machine.

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Mahanu, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

We are planning to buy a new WM on this new year day.

We already have a Whirlpool Semi Automatic WM, which was purchased way back in 1998. For the last one year, it has made us spend a lot towards servicing and so we are planning to get a new one.

I prefer Semi Automatic whereas my MIL prefers a fully automatic one. In case we go for SA model, it will be only Whirlpool, as it is the only make with agitator.

My question is: Is fully automatic desirable over SA model? If so, which brand & model would you suggest, based on your experience? What about the service back up of that brand?

One more thing - what is the difference (mainly, in terms of washing quality and maintenance cost) b/w top loading and front loading WM? Which one is the best?

Thanks in advacne for your suggestions.

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mahanu,

I used to have a videocon semi automatic washing machine. When it became too old, switched to fully automatic LG front loader washing machine.

The major differences i noticed are:
    1. No need to monitor the washing machine when the water is being filled.
    2. Less water and detergent is used by the front loader washing machine than the top loader.
    3. Due to the tumble action of the front loader, the clothes are much cleaner. Wash quality is better.
    4. In my top loader videocon, i used to find that sarees or towels used to tangle with other clothes. But i dont find any such problem in the front loader.

Nowadays, the fully automatic top loaders are more efficient and the clothes dont tangle as much as our old washing machine. But the points 2 & 3 are still very much valid.

Good luck with your washing machine purchase

-Lakshmi

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  3. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi, Thanks for taking time to drop your suggestion.