1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest gud ride on bike for 16 mnths old

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by CoolIndianGirl, Feb 10, 2015.

1. CoolIndianGirl

CoolIndianGirl Bronze IL'ite

Hello pretty mothers,

My son started showing interest on the cycle. Something like pedal and push.

One of our friend had
    American Plastic Toys - Sweet Petite Trike - Walmart.com

and he was playing continuously in that and was very excited to ride it.
    So i thought he might be ready for bike/cycle (indian and american term confuses me lot gigglingsmiley) Ok as a first time mother i was not able to see him missing when we take him frm that.. so budget allotted immediately.
    Long story short... please suggest me a good bike. for 16 month old boy (sorry guys i m really vetti so typing what ever comes to my mind to spend time :))

Thanks in advance...

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I started my 18 month old with a trike OP. Basically the once which has 3 wheels on it and i can push her from behind. We also bought helmet for her trike.

3. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

i had one with little tikes plastic bike he need to go on with his foot... later i got him radio flyer red bike thats so good.. i like the way its made... radio flyer it also comes in plastic one i guess... so check that radio flyer they had 4 in 1 bikes i didnt check thoroughly what all ways it can be used...

4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP,

My son started riding this type of car when he was 20 months old. It is safe and after few days they can ride on their own, even my 9 year old niece liked and rides it,

Lil' Rider Wiggle Ride-On Car - Walmart.com

6. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

My daughter is 14 months, she has the v-tech sit to stand cruiser

V-Tech® Sit-to-Stand Smart Cruiser - buybuyBaby.com

She doesnt know how to push it forward, she can go back a little, but she did learn to get on it and off it by herself and was very proud of it. So that keeps her busy, when she gets on and gets off by herself. She likes to play with the toy thing in the front and press the buttons and the car seat opens, where she can put stuff in and out.

For an older child I think the tri-cycle might be better, but not sure if at 16 months, they can push and pedal. I dont think mine will be able to at 16 months.

Cooks.