Suggest good tailor in chennai

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by gayathrisekar, Jun 13, 2008.

1. nightingale1785

nightingale1785 New IL'ite

Hey,

Am really desperate in finding a good tailor.
    I live in Kodambakkam. I dont mind where the tailor is but I donno much of tamil.
    So, i wish to have a tailor atleast who can understand a lil english. I can manage in tamil.

Please guys, I bought clothes more than 5 months back. I still didnt give them for stitching!

2. jyothinookula

jyothinookula New IL'ite

heyy is it fine with you if i suggest u a designer? slightly higher in prices but too good work..let me know if your interested. will guide u.

3. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

pls tell us the designer's details............have nearly nine dresses for stitching

4. brinda.sw

brinda.sw Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Do anybody have idea about RADAAN tailor in Velacherry? How they stitch?

5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear brindha,

I had a bad experience with RADAAN.My SIL also faced the same problem.

Try with a simple cheaper dress and assess him.

Good Luck!

6. art

art Senior IL'ite

Hi i stitch my dress roshini a few months back in velachery.They too bad and spoil my costly dress too.

7. art

art Senior IL'ite

So now i finished my tailoring in salwar .
    iam a gd tailor now and stitch my own dresses.I feel gd nd happy when i wear de dress stitched by me.

8. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi Gayathri,

I get my salwars stitched from a designer in Khader Nawaz Khan road. The shop name is Malbas and it is in Gems Court (opposite to Man Mandir). That lady does a very good job. I am her customer for nearly 6-7 years. For blouse I go to Princess tailor in Lloyd's road. One old man has a small shop but he stitches the blouses very well. Only problem is he takes too long (almost more than a month) time. Now that I have learnt sewing, I have started stitching my salwars and blouses on my own. I am sure, practice will make me more experienced.

9. akshayeseema

akshayeseema New IL'ite

Cud u please communicate the contact/mob no. of this tailor. I wud like to check out

10. ushdra

ushdra New IL'ite

Re: Suggest good tailor in chennai - Kaaviyaa fashions in Virugambakkam

After having frustrated with the tailors in Chennai especially for fashionblouse stitching, I found Kaaviyaa fasshions through Kalaniketan. Her shop is in Virugambakkam opposite to Vembuliamman kovil (literally across). Boy was she a breadth of fresh air; such pleasing manners; such professionalism. I visited only for 5 days; bought two sarees the second day; she even came to Green Park [COLOR=#009900 !important]hotel[/COLOR] to fit me; made the alterations; I did not have time to specify any design but was very happy with her [COLOR=#009900 !important]designs[/COLOR]. Brought the sarees and the blouses back to the hotel; saree falls were stitched. the blouses were a nice fit. She may be a bit expensive but I did not even leave my hotel room. To me the professionalism and the service were worth the money. Her [COLOR=#009900 !important]phone number[/COLOR] is 95661 74755 and address is 90 Arcot [COLOR=#009900 !important]road[/COLOR], opp. Vembuliamman Kovil, Virugambakkam Chennai 600092. I got these stitched in April first week of 2014.