1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest budget for Goody Bag for a 1-year old's Birthday party

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by hs2009, Mar 11, 2010.

1. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

DD is turning one year next month and we are planning a birthday party. It would be great if I could get suggestions on budget for goody bag. Like what amount is considered good and what can go in this? Their are only 5 kids( age from 3years -7years in this party hence would like it to be real good. Suggestions on the goodies would be of great help. I have read the older posts and got ideas for glitter pens, puzzles.

Thanks in advance!

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    the budget depends upon ur pocket.in india it used to be Rs 20 or so here if i convert into dollars its about 2 to 3 dollars.
    the goodies i have used in past for different b'days are
    tennis balls,colouring books,story books,crayons,pencil pouches,small stuffed teddy bears,small puzzles,cup sippers,small tiffins........
    i usually include some ballons,stickers,bottle of bubbles,sweets & b'day or mask along with the gift.
    pragati

3. cakedecorater

cakedecorater Bronze IL'ite

Maybe some chocolates, a small toy, clips/hair accessories if there are girls. A collection of 2 to 3 items depending on your budget.

4. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Dear Pragati and Cake Decorator

Thank you for your suggestion. Can you suggest something for gifting boys specifically( Age 3-8years)?

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Himaani, for my son's 4th birthday most kids were in the 4-6 range. I got them a space shuttle toy close to $4. For girls I got a princess tiara. If you have only a few kids $3-$4 per goody bag is enough. You have to also factor in the gift bag plus cost of party. My suggestion is to just buy one good thing instead of stuffing the goody bag with candy, stickers etc.

6. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sindhu I was also thinking on the similar lines lately. Space shuttle toy sounds like good idea- where can I look out for them?

7. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I got them from Party Depot. Check out the party stores - party city, party depot etc. They may have some good stuff. I've read on websites that www.orientaltradingcompany.com has some good, inexpensive choices. You may want to try that if you have enough time for shipping etc. I did my shopping last minute, so had to go to a physical store :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  8. lyssagale12

lyssagale12 New IL'ite

Hi guys,

Hey....guys...i appreciate with u r goody bag planning as u have thought lots,well Camouflage and Might Tikes Goodie Bag both are better & i like the most,it will be available with economic range.

Many thanks

Regards
    Lyssa Gale

9. priyasworld

priyasworld New IL'ite

Himaani, for my daughter's 1st birthday party, these were the goody bag items for items for 3-4 year old boys -

1. Jumbo Pen
    2. Activity Book
    3. Color your own Table Mat with Color Pencils
    4. Inflatable Dolphin
    5. Glitter Sticky Hands
    6. Tic Tac Toe Game

Regards,
    Priya