1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

suggest beauty regime pls

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by abhiadi, Jul 22, 2010.

1. abhiadi

abhiadi New IL'ite

Dear Members,

I got married last year and then came to usa after marriage.
    After 3 months we are going to india for a month. as this would be my first visit after marriage, i want to look really nice. i mean nice healthy glowing complexion, hair and overall.though i always maintain a healthy diet i.e. lots of fruits, water, proper sleep.i get occasional acne on my face and exp hairfall too. i also hv bit acne marks on my face. also my feet are not as fair as my face. here i don't do much facials,pedicures etc as its very expensive. i only go for threading and waxing.i consulted a dermatologist and using only cetaphil facewash and moisturiser on my face. she gave some acne cream and retinol (which i hardly apply during night as feel lazy). i have started taking lime juice with water and will start multivitamin too. also hv body hair..how to reduce it.

my hairs hv become bit dry. earlier in inida i used himalaya shampoo and it worked fine. here i hv bought biolage shampoo & conditioner. how is it?hope it makes hair soft.

pls pls suggest wht else shud i do.but my skin is sensitive so kindly suggest accordingly.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010

2. neetureddy

neetureddy Senior IL'ite

Hi Abi

I actually find cetaphil too harsh on my skin. Earlier I was using Benzol Peroxide on my face and it didn't do anything apart from making it dry. I'm now using all natural pantry stuff (besan flour, neem etc). But as far as beauty regime goes, eat well (avoid too much oil and fatty foods), have plenty of fluid and take up yoga!! It makes you feel awesome.

If you can get hold of some saffron oil, it'll really give you a healthy glow as well as diminishing pigmentation and acne scars and complexion improves greatly as well as being a really good moisturiser. For the feet, good scrubbing with a pumice stone and moisturising with some body lotion will create the desired effect. For the hair, try using Pantene - it may help. And prior to washing your hair, oil it with coconut oil or amla oil and leave it for an hour or two or even the whole day then wash. Very soft hair afterwards. Also invest in a proper hair brush with soft bristles. I changed my hair brush and noticed that my hairfall reduced and also it 'appears' to be growing. :thumbsupJust my two cents worth.

3. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

I can't help but notice that most IL users recommend chemical based skincare products. Why not switch to organic skincare products that is not only beneficial to health but to the environment as well. You can try this simple yet effective skincare regimen:
    *Cleanse With Oatmeal and Yogurt
    Cleanse or scrub away dirt and oil that accumulate on your face during the day. You can make a gentle cleanser in your home using oatmeal and yogurt. Oatmeal contains soothing ingredients that leave your face smooth, while yogurt removes dirt and oil.
    Mix 1/2 cup of ground oatmeal into enough plain yogurt to form a paste. Massage the paste into your skin, concentrating on each area of your face for at least 30 seconds to ensure proper cleansing. Rinse thoroughly with water.
    *Exfoliate With Baking Soda
    Exofoliation is required to scrub away dead skin cells that dull your complexion and clog your pores. Baking soda is an inexpensive exfoliator that gently scrubs your skin. Add a few tablespoons of baking soda to your oatmeal and yogurt cleanser to make the scrub.
    Apply to your face and massage in circular motions, concentrating on oily or rough areas, then rinse thoroughly with water. If your skin is oily, you should gently exfoliate four to five times a week, whereas more sensitive skin should be exfoliated less often.
    *Moisturize With Aloe Vera
    Aloe is a natural moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated and sooth irritation, leaving an even, glowing complexion. You can use aloe right from the plant to moisturize your face. Simply snap off the tip of an aloe leaf, and mix the gel from the leaf with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
    After applying the aloe and oil mix, massage your face lightly to distribute the moisturizer and stimulate circulation in your skin. Do not rinse off the moisturizer.

4. jsree2007

jsree2007 New IL'ite

Hi dale91
    Nice suggestions. Really good for skin.:)
    With regards
    Jsree