1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest A Gud To Overcome This Situation

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by aswathyk, May 31, 2017.

1. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

Hi dears,

Now I am coming with my friend's issue. We are friends since 2weeks. She is very quite and innocent girl.

Her marriage is fixed three weeks before. And got engaged on last Sunday. The problem is that : Before marriage he always messages her without a gap like college students. But she is very busy with her works. He never understand her situation. If there is any delay in her reply. He messages like she don't like him.. etc...
    Ok may be it's fine..

Engagement day night he messaged her like this : "how many children do we need? ". And from that night he sending some vulgar messages even if she asked him that she is not interested these types of talks till marriage. But he didn't stops. And one important thing is that if they meet directly he never look at least to her face and don't talk a single word. And if she call him he talk seriously and say "come to chat".

She is very confused and tensed. She is very gloomy today. And said these to actually I don't know what to say.I asked her to talk with her brother.she and her brother are gud friends.but She afraid to do that.

How can I help her with a gud suggestion.

May be he is a gud person.But I don't feel so because he don't talk to her directly...

What you all think...

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Ask her to call the guy and talk.Let her spend sometime over phone or in person in knowing the kind of guy he is and his behaviour.She can also ask why he is not interested in talking when they become comfortable with each other.

3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

She has to spend more time with him.
    Talk to him to get an idea of his character. Then make a decision on the marriage.

4. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

How can a frnd of 2 weeks, who is quiet can share such agony with you, but not with her brother or parents?

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

She should tell the guy she wants to talk and meet more often.
    She can directly ask him why he prefers to chat instead of talking .She can tell him she wants to listen to his voice and feel connected.

How are you keeping op?

6. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Before my marriage, my DH was also a type who preferred chat more than call. I once asked him why he is not calling.He said he will call soon but actually called me on that same day suddenly even while we were chatting. But during the first call, we really didnt know what to talk and there was lots of silence in between. I myself started to feel chat is much better because there is continuous flow of communication.

But as days went by, we started feeling comfortable and made more calls that extended for hours:relaxed:

So if she is the relationship with him only since recently, it may take time to actually feel free to talk over phone,but once they get the rapport things should be fine.

But as for him talking about sexual matters, I really dont know to comment. He might be genuine/may not be.

zeppelingirl likes this.
  7. WorriesTooMuch

WorriesTooMuch Silver IL'ite

Hey OP,

The guy seems a bit nervous and more than a little selfish because of this. I don't particularly mind his texting often, but the blackmailing when she doesn't reply seems very childish and silly. I wish he understands this makes him even more unattractive to any woman.

Still, give him a chance. Ask her to initiate communication, but over the phone. She can try and call him everyday at a certain time, after the fourth or fifth call I'm sure he'll lose some of his fear and talk to her normally. I know he seems unnecessarily needy and over dramatic now, but maybe this is his first time talking to a girl and he is expecting movie like romance.

8. Sani12

Sani12 Bronze IL'ite

This is not a big issue and faced by many new couples. This is the initial stage of a relationship. Its bound to be awkward. The guy sounds shy because of which he might have blurted out those vulgar things. Also, guys are excited about being married and being with a girl, that’s why they say these things. There is nothing wrong to talk about this after engagement – after all you are officially getting married soon, right? So whats the harm. Tell your friend also to indulge in these romantic talks.

Tell your friend to have patience, slowly but surely both of them will get to know each other and understand each other well.

Calls are much better than chat as they force you to verbalise your feelings – even if it is awkward in the beginning with lots of silences, ask your friend to call him \ have him call her. Chat can be there too, but calls are better to understand each other.

9. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

This happens when one person is over excited n the other isn't.

He might not have stopped thinking she's just saying it to be modest or just shy. if she's interested, respond. if not, jus say she isn't so, like she did. if he still persists, jus ignore, he will get it after, but no guarantee he won't try again. Jus bcoz a guy tries to talk sexually to his fiancé, he's not a wrong guy, just a normal guy.

Do they meet alone or with family / company?

He seems shy to talk. And like another poster mentioned, they might not have things to talk in a flow. It's a real thing. In chat, its a lot less awkward. Does your friend take the lead if he's stumbling to talk or does she wait for him to start every conversation?

She should talk to her brother. He might be able to give in a male point to this.

Confused n tensed could also be the cold feet as the wedding date is closing.

Tell her to make an effort to talk to him even when he's stumbling. If she expects him to lead but if he's shy, how's that gona work? It's a partnership, she has to do the work too.
    So the better thing to do is to meet n talk as much as possible and get it cleared before marrying.