Suggest a good tourist spot, activity for a family with 2 kids (2 years and 6 years)

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by indirabathu, Mar 17, 2016.

1. indirabathu

indirabathu Junior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

We are a family of 4, with 2 kids (2 years and 6 years old), please suggest me some good tourist spot in Singapore for a family like us and the activity to be done in those places.

I have read few places mentioned here such as sentosa, punggol etc, but I'm not sure what is expected from those places.

1. What are the places where we can go with some packed food stuffs and playing stuffs (flying disc etc )
    2. Places where we kids can play lot

Cheers,
    Indu

2. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Re: Suggest a good tourist spot, activity for a family with 2 kids (2 years and 6 yea

Singapore has a lot of fun places for families. there are many gardens, Cycle trails, Botanical garden and zoo are good places. In Sentosa there are many attractions, Including Universal studio and marine Park.

Their museums are first class.

There is a lot of literature you can get from the tourist department. This is one really tourist friendly country with ample public places and transport.

Just be careful when eating out that no littering takes place.

indirabathu and AkilaMani like this.
  3. indirabathu

indirabathu Junior IL'ite

Thanks Shobhamma.

I'm writing this as it may help my other fellow friends here and also other friends can suggest some more to us.

we started touring Singapore for last 3 weeks as our in-laws are here. They are little old and can't walk much (I wanted to make sure they are comfortable and not tired) since my hubby has holiday only on weekends during the weekdays I was just showing them the local malls, wet market, surrounding park to get the feel of singapore , also I would like them to experience living in other country as this is the first time they are away from India.

I also have two kids 6 years and 2 years old. These are the places we have visited in 3 weeks of time.

1. Fareer Park: Mustafa shopping center, Perumal Temple, Amman Temple
    2. China Town: Tooth relic buddha temple, Mariamman Temple
    3. Punggol: Water way point mall
    4. Sentosa: S.E.A Aquarium

Pending to visit:
    Trick Eye Museum,
    Wings of Time,
    Cable Car

Hope this helps anyone planning for a touring spot with elders. Later wanted to explore universal studio with our kids.