1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

suggest a good hairstyle makeover (for oily hair)

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by pman16, Nov 25, 2009.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

Im so tired of tying my pony all the time. Many of my friends tell me that i look more than my age. Im 36 and want to look good (and young too :thumbsup). Being from a very traditional family i was never allowed to cut my hair till my marriage. It was after marriage and after coming to US that i cut my hair. This was also due to the reason of hairfall due to water change.

I have shoulder length hair. My hair texture is frizzy and oily. Im tired to people saying to me that im very simple. I want to change that outlook now.

So ladies, plz suggest me a good hairstyle or give me tips for a hair makeover.

When i go to beauty parlor, let me know what to ask and any tips to keep in mind.

Thanks

2. rumyar

rumyar New IL'ite

Hi pman16,

Hairstyle would basically depend on the shape of your face. If you have a broad forehead, go to the hairstylist and ask for bangs(If you watch FRIENDS , its the hairstyle which Rachel has in the last episode :) )....bangs are back in fashion now...n if you do it in a good parlour, it would really really a make a lot of difference to your appearence.

For frizzy hair, try a good hair serum...and how often do u have a hair bath...u might wanna increase the frequency a bit...

Ensure you oil your hair before hair bath and wash it off with a good shampoo. Do not apply oil overnight.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Ramya

3. viveka70

viveka70 New IL'ite

its a good point to mention. change in water affects hair fall. i went to europe and i suffered the same immediately...had to rely on dove to get some control.....

Dove
    heres a good link to evaluate the condition of your hair

4. hairdoctor

hairdoctor New IL'ite

avoid using rubber and steel as hair bands and clips...use a smooth surface plastic pin... the rest damage your hair...