1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sugesstion on introducing egg n chesse

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by hs2009, Jan 21, 2010.

1. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

DD has turned 9 months can I now introduce egg yolk to her or it is suggested that I wait for some more time. Also how should the same be given egg to be boiled and yolk mashed n given with food as its dry?

Cheese- Can I start now. Also if experienced mommies can suggest what brand they have used in US. Also how to give just grate and top it on food again? How do you give cheese to your LO

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

You can try both egg yolk and cheese with your LO. Introduce them separately though so that incase there is a reaction, you can figure out the culprit.

my son likes sharp cheddar only, I just grate it and put it on his high chair and he picks it up and eats it in between his solids. I tried milk/medium cheddar but he did not like it.

egg yolk, I hard boil the egg, take out the yolk and mash it in with the rest of his solids. do not try egg whites yet, wait till 1 year of age. or you can also scramble the egg yolk with some mashed veggies.

3. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply starting with egg yolk and then chesse!

4. Lostinva

Lostinva New IL'ite

Hi Himani
    We don't eat egg but i do give cheese to my son.I give him Amul cheese slices that you get in Indian stores b'coz it doesnot have any added color.I make thin strips of it and give him he bites himself and eats it.U can make small pieces like finger food too tats wat my friend does.Paed said we can give Cheddar, American etc to begin with