Sugarland or houston (Apartments )

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by doctor, Jun 28, 2008.

1. doctor

doctor New IL'ite

Hi everyone ,
    I will get transferred to texas soon .My husband's office is in sugarland .We are so confused if we should get an apartment in sugarland or houston ?We are planning on getting an apartment on rent .Would you tell me about your suggestion ?any location and apartments you think are worth living , safe and with good managment.Safety is my important concern since I am currently in u.a.e and its v safe .You can even leave the door open during the day .thanks

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008

2. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi,
    Houston (Down Town) is a very congested, expensive and not so safe place. Whereas, Sugarland is in the Suburbs of Houston. I know it is a very nice and safe place! Infact, we were planning to buy a home there! Most people who work in Houston, live in Sugarland and commute. Sugarland has very good schools, high Indian population. You should get an apartment in Sugarland. There is no point in driving from Houston to Sugarland.
    You can google 'Sugarland, TX' and get more information. Also, should go on google-earth and check out the place.
    Hope this helps,
    Regards,
    Sharada

3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Sugarland is one of the best places to live in Texas( It has been voted so ).
    Like Ms. Sharada said, it has a vibrant Indian community, desi restaurants and shops.
    With workplace being there, I feel it would be ideal for you to find apts there. They are affordable and spacious. We have friends who stay there. So we can find good apts for you. Also you can avail any referral discount that maybe available.

4. bijalvora

bijalvora New IL'ite

hi!

V will b shifting to houston very soon in a couple of months, as my husband has got a golbal mobility in his office, which will b based in downtown houston, but v need to find an apartment on rent which is in a good area with a max rent of $1000, for a 2bed - 2 bath aprt. also 1 have a 4 yr old son, so want indian community nearby as we wud not feel too lonely, can you please suggest any areas or apartments for the same..

My husband can even commute a bit long, if the area and the community is good.
    Thanks for your help in advace..

Best Regards!!

5. preeti81

preeti81 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    We are indian family with 15 month old boy moving from Indiana to Houston. We dont know anyone in Houston and looking for recos on apartments in sugarland area. Any recos on Fairmont colony appts? also looking for daycare recos in and around sugarland. want to meet with other indian ladies in the sugarland area.

6. swaps85

swaps85 New IL'ite

Hi Preeti,

Did you happen to find your apartment in Sugarland? I have to join my company in 2 weeks time which means that I have just one week to move from minneapolis to Sugarland. Can you please tell me which apartments are good and safe. My husband and I are looking for a 1 Bed 1 Bath apartment.

Thanks for your help in Advance.

7. Kungumam

Kungumam Gold IL'ite

Fairmont apts are good and really safe...:) we have lived there.

8. sandhyadevan

sandhyadevan New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My husband and I would be moving from Rhode island to Houston in a week or two. We r looking for a 1br apartment in Sugarland area, which is almost 16miles from my husband's work location(77077, energy corridor). But from the reviews I have read, Sugarland area seems to be the safest one. Safety is very high priority for us so my husband doesnt mind driving a bit from home. In energy corridor, there are many apartments with good indian community but with lot of break ins and negative reviews. We are very much confused. Could someone please let me know a good and safe apartment near 77077 or in Sugarland.
    I am also looking to make new friends :) I am a tamilian, so vaanga pazhagalaam! :)
    Thanks,

Sandy

9. preeti81

preeti81 New IL'ite

yes, we moved in on Feb 18th in Fairmont apartments.......apartments are very nice, spacious and safe......its a gated community and you have all good stores nearby....We looked at a few other apartments but nothing as good as Fairmont.....the management is very friendly and caring too which is hard to find here in Houston

10. salka207

salka207 New IL'ite

Hi Preeti,

could u please tell me which apt is good for indian in sugarland,tx. actually I am preg ,we are planning to move from California to Houston in mid of may. I also like Fairmont. could u pls guide me. I'm waiting for your reply.