Sudh Mahadev Temple

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by charandeepkaur, Mar 2, 2009.

1. charandeepkaur

charandeepkaur New IL'ite

The town of Chanhani, located in the western part of the Jammu holds special significance as it houses a great piece of art - the Sacred Temple of Sudh Mahadev. Chaudhari Ramdas of Chanhani and his son Chaudhari Parag Mahajan constructed the temple about 80 years ago. Shri Masu Shahane of Sudh Mahadev did the construction of the entrance door of the temple of Sudh Mahadev, an esteemed place of worship for devotees of Lord Shiva.
    Near Sudh Mahadev is the legendary spring where the Goddess Parvati used to bath before commencing her daily prayers at Sudh Mahadev. This spring came to be named after her as 'Gauri Kund'.

Have any of you ever been to Sudh Mahadev? It is indeed a very holy place.

2. aahna

aahna New IL'ite

Yes, i have been to Sudh Mahadev Temple. As u said it is indeed a very holy place of worship. As i have been there i would like to give you some more information regarding this temple.
    This holy spot near is situated at an altitude of 1225 mtrs and about 120 kms from Jammu, the city of ancient temples. The shrine is visited by pilgrims on the full moon night of "Saawan" (July-August) to worship the "Trishul" (trident) and a mace which is said to belong to Lord Shiva. A few Kilometers further away from Sudh Mahadev Temple, is Mantalai, a place surrounded by lush deodar forests, at an altitude of over 2000 metres. It is believed that Lord Shiva got married to Goddess Parvati at this place.

I think all should visit this holy place to have a feel of nirvana.