1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suddenly The Memories Of My Last Visit To Home Flashed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Adu07, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

Suddenly the memories of my last visit to home flashed.....

It was an early morning train I had to catch a day before I was returning back to Hyderabad. I was on my way to Kolkata to visit my sister's house which will eventually be followed by a next day return fight.

That morning I wasn't quite awake. I wasn't quite sleeping also the night before. Even though I packed and got ready for the leave, a part of me refused to cooperate with me, waiting for the train at platform no. 4, nostalgia came running to me. The place, the breeze, the hustle seemed so familiar. And for a moment I felt I was at peace, my place my roots which I was about to leave in few minutes. When dad handed me the ticket and asked me to keep it carefully, my eyes became moist and looked I into his eyes trying to keep my emotions down in the meanwhile the train entered our platform. We found the compartment where my reservation was and I boarded without even looking back, as I knew if I turn back I can't make my way back to Hyderabad the next day. I found the place and settle down with my luggage when my dad peeped from the adjacent window and bid a goodbye to me. I think a drop escaped from the corner of my eyes when I realised I can't see his face for a long time now in reality but through video calls only.

As the train started moving I comprehend how hard it is to grow up..how hard it is to stay away from our loved ones which I never understood when I was living with them.

I wonder how they live without me. My mom often tells me over the phone, she cannot open my wardrobe and touch my stuff and how much she misses me in our house. Dad on the other hand always encourages me to be strong.

Emotions retreats and reality calls!! :hmmm:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

2. sindhugowtam

sindhugowtam Gold IL'ite

Very Nice Write-Up Adu...,

ohhh I am feeling Homesick now...., even I dont know where i have to go....,

sindmani, Thyagarajan and Adu07 like this.
  3. Smileyshravs

Smileyshravs Silver IL'ite

Very Nice..
    By Reading this, my memories flashed in my mind.. Mostly with my father.. He is becoming more emotional these days.. :(
    When we go to home.. The charm in their faces can never be seen.. But while we are leaving.. no charm in their faces and can see the slight tension about our Well-being.
    We have much situations as we are far from them
    ThankYou for the best Post.. :)

4. Smileyshravs

Smileyshravs Silver IL'ite

Yes dear.. Even I felt the same..

Adu07 and teenulahari like this.
  5. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

hey babes.. don't worry.. eventually, things will fall into places.. :)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

I'm happy that you could relate to it..
    Thank you :)

Smileyshravs likes this.
  7. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

#homesick :crybaby2:

Smileyshravs likes this.
  8. VaishaliYadav

VaishaliYadav Senior IL'ite

You made me to remember my hometown, my house, my parents and everything. Homesick:sob:

Adu07 likes this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

The feelings slowly vanish, as we get older and our children grow into adults. When my daughter got married and left for Singapore She also felt the same and my affinity towards my native home got diluted and as my aged parents left for heavenly abode, the thoughts of native place slowly disappeared and substituted by thoughts about our own son, daughter,grand children and so on. This natural transformation is the way of life.
    Jayasala 42

10. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

Yes, yet to experience the whole lot yet though.. Certainly, my mom also became used to my absence in our house and finds bliss while speaking to me over the phone only.
    It is so nice of you to share your wise experience. :)