1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Successful ladies in life after separation/divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by pm86, Feb 28, 2013.

1. pm86

pm86 Silver IL'ite

Ladies,
    I know many of you have gone through separation/divorce and came out from it by being successful in life and forgetting about the past. I want to connect with you to get motivation in life by suggestions from you. Please post here if you are interested. Thank You very much.

2 people like this.

2. LunaDoveDesigns

LunaDoveDesigns Silver IL'ite

Don't forget about the past. As the saying goes, " Those who forget the past are doomed to relive it." Don't dwell on it or think about it often, but remember it because remembering keeps you strong.

Eventually the pain will fade and you'll move on. Do whatever you need to cope -throw yourself into work, a hobby, friend or family, anything to keep you from dwelling on the relationship and what happened. Sooner or later you'll notice that you think about it less often, then eventually not at all, and you'll realize that you're happy again.

Good luck to you. You'll get there in your own time.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Hi OP

I hope you can start fresh. The good thing in your case is you have full life ahead of you. No kids. You have been married for just over a year so it is not that bad if you ask me. Having said that I know initial few months will be difficult for you to forget about the past but TIME IS THE BEST HEALER.

I feel sorry for you honestly and I really wish you have a good and successful life ahead. As the Proverb goes " This too shall pass"

1 person likes this.
  4. vijaybhas007

vijaybhas007 New IL'ite

Hi, you are educated, working, what else do you need to be successful in life, u have already won the battle, all u need is a legal divorcee(hope u have read my suggestion in my earlier post, it is very important, u read it without fail), then u will find your dream boy, for gods sake we are humans , do not feel guilty, these things do happen and u need to get out and lead happy life .....trust me after 5 years , u will remember my post and thank me...all the best and a real happy married life in advance.

5. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Successful is subjective. You can't define success. One's definition of success is different from another. For one person success would be to get married, have kids, buy a house and settle.

For me at this stage in my life , success is
    1) to set short-term goals and long-term goals and work towards it to achieve those goals. I put my 200% towards those short term goals which helps me to attain my long term goal.
    2) to spend quality time with my daughter and be happy
    3) to roam and see different places as much as possible
    4) to enjoy each and every moment of this life.

I will say I am successful today , being a single mom for 7 yrs legally (more yrs ) to raise a 13 yrs old daughter all by myself without the support from family in this new country, switched jobs and working towards making my life comfortable.

Be confident and take pride in what you have done. Don't feel guilty for being a separated/divorcee. Why do you think you are not successful now and you are a failure? No the way i see it, you have the guts to fight back and you are successful in that compared to other people who are struggling everyday to come out of a bad marriage. I know what you are going through. I was in your same mind set in the initial stage. So feel free to PM me if you want to get connected with me.
    Take care dear, don't loose hope.

11 people like this.
  6. pm86

pm86 Silver IL'ite

Thanks all for your replies. Rose good to know that you have achieved what you want and you are happy.
    I want to get out of this mess at the same time I am also afraid of the life after separation.

7. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

pm86 - don't think too much about future. take one day at a time. see what you can do today which makes you happy..you never know what is going to happen tomorrow. we don't even know if you will be alive when we wake up next day. Life is full of hopes. don't loose hope. surround yourself with positive energy and positive people.

Do activites which makes you happy like listening to music while doing cleaning/cooking , read a book, browse, watch some stupid dramas on TV, go to a movie, go for a hike..etc. find happiness in such small things. don't think your life is lost after separation. marriage is just a part of our life, just like everything else. why do you think your life is over once you are separated?

Try to find social circle/support group in your area who are in your similar situation. you can find lot of groups like this on meetup.com. Keep an open heart. you will find what you are looking for.

3 people like this.
  8. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

pm86,

I am sorry to know that you are still in this mess. Please be strong and try to use some/any of the advice given in the other thread too. Hopefully this will help you.

But this is a positive break through in your case. You are at least considering divorce and want to get out of the mess your husband has created for you. You are going in the right direction. Please do not let yourself stagnate here. Do push forward and make a life for yourself.

All the best!

1 person likes this.
  9. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

:hatsoff.......... ROSE..... :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  10. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

Pm86

You will get out of this, as mentioned you are educated and can pave a way for yourself. I hope you have some close friends even just 1, that you can call on when you want to vent. Take up lots of hobbies, go out and meet people - new people, just for be able to go out. You are young look on this as a new step in your life.
    I wish you luck, but I know you will be fine. The first days are the hardest, then it gets easier, there is light at the end of the tunnel as they say. Good Luck my dear, take care of yourself.

1 person likes this.