1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Success Stories Anyone?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by infinitehopes, Feb 17, 2009.

Did suggestions given to you by other ILites help you solve the problem?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2009.
  1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. shridevi

shridevi New IL'ite

I would say that these forums have really haelped a lot to all women facing issues with their IL's or DH.

Regarding mine, I have a caring and lovig DH. I do have issue with IL's but not really big one as Me and my DH stay in Gulf country. In my earlier days of my marriage, my IL's tried to create rift between us through phone. Even when we used to visit India annually, my DH would leave in month and I would stay back to spend some quality time with my parents. During these days, my MIL would call up my DH and would try to create rift btween us due to which many times my DH would call me when at my parents place and have fight. Now also this has not stopped completely. But in my last visit, I literally blasted out in front of my IL''s though when my DH wasn't there. I was so frustrated and irritated by his continuos calls at my parents place and having fights with me due to which my parents were very tensed.Now after coming here last year , my IL's have changed. Thank God but to some extent.:thumbsup

But really saying now, I have become a frequent reader of this forum and I have really understood how to handle my IL's Through these forum many of my unanswered question were answered and I heartily thanks Ladies for their wonderful replies in the forum. :cheers

2. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

How has IL affected your life?

We all look for something in IL..some for solace,some for a solution to their problems,while others just want to learn something.I have been coming regularly for the past 1 month and a question came up in my mind yesterday...

Do the advices of IL members really help the ones who ask for it?Do they really implement what they gather from this forum?what is your motive to visit this place on a regular basis?I'm asking everyone in general...the ones who ask for advices,the ones who give advices and finally all those silent members who might not have any advices to offer,but maybe learning something or the other.Who is that 1 person whose words you really look upto?

Personally if you ask me,there has been a very small change in my thinking..but there has been some change definitely.I now don't take everything for granted.I try to pay attention to what my dh likes and even though I don't like doing it...I feel like doing it and try to do it for his sake.I have begun to count my blessings.finally...I really like Asuitablegirl's advices to everyone..she really nails it every single time.she says so many things in so few lines that I am really amazed every time I read her posts.

I want to specially thank srividya and asg who help everyone immensely...but also all others who chip in their views and care for each other here:thumbsup

Please share your experiences here...you may post a short or long version of your story..but please do,as I really really want to know if IL has any sort of influence in anybody's lives.

3. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Re: How has IL affected your life?

I am new here but have learnt lots of useful and meaningful things just within this short period.
    I try to make use of the good advices that have been discussed here directly for my threads or for other threads.

At the same time, I also try to share my views, ideas and experience with other ILs who need a solution or listening ears for their situations.

I feel less stressed and depressed now after joining these forums.
    I get great advices and ideas for my problems and I am able to vent out my anger and frustrations too. I feel I am not the only one facing all these horrible nonsense. There are many out there with similar situations and problems like me and there are many who face even bigger situations and problems than I do. I have learnt to count my blessings since I know I am gifted with many good and beautiful things that I can be so grateful for especially my HUBBY.

4. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

This form has helped me a lot!! Its lets you know why your DH/DW behaves a certain way and it helped me understand me better. apply methods that will help the relationship. helped me figure which are imp issues to be taken up and wchich issue can be ignored.

and always cheering me up and asking me to be strong....Lot of good advise

I feel like I know all the members out here personally.

Million thanks to all those who have helped me!! I am a much stronger person now and feel less insecure about myself!!

Hats off to everyone!

5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks sad wife and psych for your thoughts.about 45 views and just 2 replies?come on guys..I'm sure a lot more number of people must have benefitted from this place.Your afterthought might help so many out there in some or the other way!!
    Also it could be a form of fb for those who have helped us day in and day out.

6. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

nice thread.
    I come here and write my prob mostly to vent out and I feel iam a gullible person,I have more patience and it has become my weakness.I want to know if what Iam thinking,what i did and what iam abt to do isnt going over-board.I know I have had enough but still this conscience keeps on saying "you must have been wrong somewhere/you didnt give your 100%,thats why you landed up in this mess".
    I like to read those people's posts who have great will-power and stand for themselves in any kinda situation and they also find their way.
    Being on IL regularly I have seen that people who take more c*** keep on getting that more and people who put their feet down,live their life.
    sometimes IL shows you the mirror so you get to know your negative points,you can work on them.
    and ya I have my fav people here>> SITA2223,SRI VIDYA,incarnation,ShilpaMa,asg

7. neelu12

neelu12 New IL'ite

Il made me focus on the positives of my relation .I faced many hardships in my marraige so far but then after joining IL,I started to count my blessings.I wish I joined IL before so I could have avoided many nasty fights we(me and my DH) have had.Today ,whenever there is some disagreement between me and my hubby ,I try to think about his point of view too and think twice before I argue with him,I strated to figure out my own shortcomings and work on them first before I expect my hubby to do anything for me,that way Iam happy today.Thanks to IL.
    Thanks rose,by starting this thread you gave me an opportunity to thank IL .

Love,
    neelu.

8. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

1droplove...you cleared a doubt in my mind..it's true that many women know what it is right and wrong...most of the women write here to vent their frustrations mainly,and then perhaps see if others would react to the same problem similarly or not.it's not to say they don't know how to tackle an issue.
    Why the above is important is,when we give advices,we should keep in mind that everyone makes mistakes and we must not be harsh in expressing our views towards them.I will keep this in mind.thank you.

Neelu..true..even I learnt that one has to be patient and think from all angles.

9. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

me stumbled upon this forum, while collecting info on pregnancy and care during pregnancy. Helped us a lot as we had nobody but us.

i like music and dance forum here. ex: rausu thread.

and alos, i posted here during one of my dark times, about a dark incident so as to not forget it. You know there is something like this.

Why do people invite so many people for their marriage ceremony. Answer as said by somebody is - Marriage is a lifelong commitment, so should one of the partners decide to give it up, they feel ashamed or answerable to the crowd that witnessed him/her taking oaths for lifelong commintment with her/him. Similar with smoking. when you want to really quit smoking they say tell it to everybody that you are quitting. i did something similar...by sharing my dark secret here.

10. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Wow...never knew so many success stories were already shared...never expected naksh and spiderman to have a backstory too along with all of us.sorry for the repeat thread:hide: