1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Success Stories Anyone?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by infinitehopes, Feb 17, 2009.

Did suggestions given to you by other ILites help you solve the problem?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2009.
  1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Arthi.. very nice.. yes its only in such subtle ways IL can help people who dont hv big problems (touch wood :)) in life, but they DO matter right?? i loved ur romantic last-1 paragraph.

let me also take this opportunity to say that IL has indeed helped me a lot too in fine-tuning my way of reacting to situations. thanks a bunch to all the ladies here !

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Dear Asha / Preethi,

thanks for your replies. This is my first post. not that I couldn't post antyhign earlier, but I wanted my first post to be something where I can pour my heart.

Yes Asha, such small small things are very important for Women na.. atleast for me YES. I am sure my hubby would not take the outcome as a lesson or anything, he would not even have noticed that I behanved differently, but that doesnt seem to be important. All that is required is convey what we feel and still keep the DH happy. :)) Both are content that ways. Enough of my blah blah..

Now I am regular to IL and everytime I react to my DH or family, I do it the IL way (positive / happy go lucky way)!

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Little note to dear IH..

thanks for bringing up this topic. I have read lot of your replies on other threds. I really like the way you analyse other's problems. It is always very wise and practical. Thanks again!

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai,

Came very late to this thread.

Solving our problem cant be done by others. But you will know what are the possible ways to solve a problem by listening to others.

Here so many experienced people will give you probable solutions and based on your situation you can choose the best.

More over, so many people listen to your problem - will give you a moral boose. Similarly, by reading other's problems, you can avoid that situation in your life.

In that context IL site has helped me a lot.

Thanks IH for analysing & starting this thread.

IL is there to share your happiness and sorrows.

Andal

5. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Dear Arthidiva,

Your post is so innocent and cute! I got a very warm feel while reading it. Yes, small things - but they make so much difference. What I liked most is you already realize that your husband might not have noticed that small change but it really doesn't matter! I am sure you two will have a lovely life. You are so committed to this relationship and definitely your husband will love you for that!

:roll: hmm.. something for me to think about too... if I make some small changes, I think my husband will be really happy !

And thanks for the little note dear.

DrPreethi, Andal,
    I feel, finding people with similar problems and hearing them handle it differently that how we do - that too without asking for it, is a great value that this site delivers to its members and inumerous silent readers.

Nothing succeeds like success! Small or big - success is always precious!
    Thanks a lot for making it a point to drop by and post your story.

6. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

I want to restart this thread.. as we should continue to share our success stories here..

Ladies, it need not be a big time achievement in your personal life but even little things that just got better in your life leaving you a peace/ with a smile.. how IL has contributed to it?? Do share it with us.

7. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

After reading the above posts, i cannot hold myself back from writing my experience in IL.

Arthi, well done dear. Nice to know your story. Even i control my negative emotions very well now. I want to narrate the major incident in my life which IL has brought about.

Coming to US on H4, being a dependent, many of us can relate to my situation very well. Earlier i was of the opinion that only working women earn respect in this society and not housewives(though myself being an MBA, i lost confidence in myself and didnt know what i was thinking). For me being a 'housewife' was like a death sentence. I used to sulk so much whenever someone used to address me as such. When i had to fill a form wherein i had to mention my status as homemaker i used to detest so much. I had countless fights with DH on this. I used to blame him for such state of mine and made him helpless and guilty. Though having two lovely kids and a loving hubby, i used to always crib about what i didnt have - a JOB. I used to run away from groups where there were working women.

Many discussions in IL wherein this topic has been discussed- housewife vs working women opened my eyes. Someone's words - success means differently to diff people at diff times - made my to rethink deeply. ( i shall try to post the link later)

I realised with the help of IL friends here to count my blessings, live my PRESENT happily than to brood over PAST or worry about FUTURE. I understood i was making a hell of myself and spoiling the whole peace of my family.

I gathered confidence and wanted to change my thinking from within. First things first, i got my driving license and took off on the road to success. I created many avagations for myself, joined a gym, lost my weight, started shopping more confidently and above all, took each day as it came and voila! i was a happy person. I was all set in this new journey and thanks to IL.

Now all my cousins take me as their role model. They say they want to be like me- who never complains and yet has so much positive hopes to give. Little do they know about the metamorphosis which happened in my life.

My dh too (oh! men! ) didnt realise this major change in me. All he said was thanks to me for not nagging any more. Earlier he used to be skeptical to get into discussions with me bcos surely it would end up as arguments. Now we discuss many issues as buddies.

I cant thank IL enough in words for reviving my life.
    Thanks once again.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

pman, thats a wonderful change in you. I am sure you feel more and more confident now than never before.

9. Dhalia

Dhalia New IL'ite

I stumbled upon this fabulous forum while searching for some pooja details more than a year ago and until now, i have learnt so much here in many aspects. And when i went through some serious trouble in my marriage, i used to go through each and every posts in this section to get some guidance. Though most of the suggestions are already something we know, to hear it from other ladies helped me to stay optimistic and face the consequences. I got the feeling that I am not alone and my problem was not insurmountable as i thought it was. That gave me hope and helped me to stay afloat. Some suggestions from the posts made me to analyse what i had done and i realised my mistakes as well.

I started to see marriage as a big picture rather than brooding over small obstacles i come across. This place changed my perspective of married life and now i appreciate everything and everyone around me for being there for me. And Kudos to Chocolate, ASG, Malyatha, DrPreethis and many others in IL. Your suggestions in every post are always well thought and realisitic.

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

IndusLadies and its influences on your marriage - What is the impact?

IndusLadies is a great knowkedge base for many folks here. Not only people who post their personal/marital problems but the people who pitch in suggestions/solutions too benefit from the discussion. Our perspectives on relationship may change. We may learn new dimensions to certain things. There may be some influence of Indusladies on us as we become active participants in the discussions in the marriage/relationships subforums. Our understanding on marriage, love, spouse, relationship may change or get 'double' confirmed or even get confused.:crazy. In anycase, there is a change within us as a result of our participation in IL relationship forums.

What is it that you learn(t) during your stay here? Is there an impact of IL on your thinking, your marriage, your relationship with your spouse? If yes, please share the impacts be it positive or negative.

PS:
    Moderators, not sure if this is a redundant thread. Sorry about that if so. And the reason I am opening this thread in the Married Life forum is, this is to discuss/share the impacts of IL on ILites married life & surrounding relationships. Hope I make sense. :) If not, please feel free to do the relevant and Thanks!

Last edited: May 8, 2010