1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Success and God

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RadiantCat, Mar 25, 2010.

1. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Does faith in God bring happiness and success or vice-versa? For example, do successful people have faith in God because they are successful or the faith in god has brought success to them?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010

2. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

I am not a atheist. I do not think God gives anything to anyone. We earn it ourselves. Period.

3. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

I am an atheist and never had faith in God as far as I can remember. So ultimately my actions and efforts are what influence my happiness and success in my adult life.

4. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

I second to Arch.God is the best judge.He gives what you deserve and not desire!

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i am a believer in God.this gives me a feeling of being safe whatever happens in outside world there is someone looking after me,like a mother.God is even a sort of punching bag for me.when something bad happens i accuse God of doing it but secretly know that God would have opened a wondow when he closed this door.that gives me hope & courage enough to try & find that window.till now i have always succeeded.
    i don't know about success as success has different defination for different person but being an believer in God has certainly made me more happier & contend.
    pragati

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

As per me both terms cant be related at all...People who beleive in god know that what ever they are being given or going through or experiencing is what they deserved and ultimately god doesnt punish anyone, just like the way to make a gold ornament first we have to heat up gold into liquid form and then mend and bend the gold metal to make the beautiful ornaments, the same way god first gives us the situations and experiences to make us better humanbeings and lead a happy life.

Those who beleive in god...always feel they are successful because...its not what they get gives them that feeling..but its that god always give us what is best rather than what we wanted ...that thought and feeling makes us feel successful

7. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Mahajan,

God like a punch bag. Thats a attitude I sport on and off. But let me also add that it is not a healthy one, and at most times - not only God - but religion, habits are all considered as these bags to dump!

JMO,
    Arch

8. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear archana,
    well, i feel its very healthy to take out ur frustration on a forgiving entity like God instead of real people like hubby or kids.
    its same like writting in a diary .u try to be truthful of ur feelings & very open unashamed of ur expectations & demands.

9. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Mahajan,

True. I have to pass this quote from a Guru, I know of. He often says - Man creates God on certain occasions to balance his idiosyncrasies. Hubby or kids would retaliate back, hence causing a imbalance. If it is God, he sure wont get back to hit you. It is another factor that God has been portayed to us as a listener and talking to him is healing, as some beliefs say.

Arch