Subscribed Thread link page or option

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by vjan29, Apr 8, 2014.

1. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Currently if the user create a new thread, and if another user post an comment on that thread, the user is notified and also on the user's My Threads page (My Stuff -> My Threads), the particular thread will be in Bold text to notify a new post is available in this thread.

My suggestion is, if an user post a comment on someone's thread, and subsequently a reply to the post or a new post on the same thread by another user or owner, it would better to notify all users that a comment is posted on the Thread that user had already posted a comment. Say it "Subscribed Thread", we can have a link under my stuff for Subscribed Thread, where all the recent Thread that user posted comment, the particular Thread will be displayed in Bold text if a new comment is posted on the Thread.

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vjan,

Thank you for stepping in with your suggestion.

Are you asking for "Subscribed threads" to be listed under 'My Stuff'? If that's the case, let me explain the intent of 'My Stuff'. It is to give easy access to a "logged in" user to their own participation in the community - their threads, posts, private messages, profile and control panel.

If you need access to Subscribed threads (including those threads that you didn't start, but participated by posting reply and want to keep tab of further happenings in that discussion thread), you may access it in 'Control Panel'. There you will see Subscribed threads with notifications as to whether there are New Posts since you visited.

Notifying all users who are replying on a thread about future updates to that thread, would be an "over kill". Because not all users posting in a thread might want to receive further updates. That too from all threads they participated. If they want updates they have to subscribe for instant/daily notifications for the same.

1 person likes this.
  3. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks a lot for details. I will check it.

4. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Induslady,

I visited the Control Panel, and clicked the Subscribed Threads link, but it does shows only Threads which are created by me. It does not show Threads which I have participated by posting comments.

Please help.

5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Vjan29,

When you participate and post a reply in a thread (not created by you), subscribe to that thread for notification. Then you will start to see it appear in Control panel in subscribed threads for every reply that thread gets since you posted.

1 person likes this.