Sub-Forum for Pets and Animal Lovers - Need Founding Members!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Induslady, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

I see some threads on pets here and there. Given how pets are part of family in many households, I was thinking that a forum for "Pets and Animal Lovers" would be welcomed here.

But, I don't want to open a sub-forum and not have it active (as it doesn't give a good impression about our site to the onlooker). So, I wanted to see if there are atleast 5 founding members for this sub-forum. As a founding member, you will help with building momentum for this sub-forum by..

a. Opening ~5-7 new threads per week and
    b. Making ~25 new posts per week

The intent of the threads/posts is to bring a range of discussion topics that motivate members to participate. With 5 members doing that just for a month, the forum will have enough momentum to keep going on its own.

Please update in this thread if you are willing to be a founding member of "Pets and Animal Lovers" Forum. Look forward to your active participation. Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Malathy for this sub-forum..hope to keep it alive, by posting any information related to pets....

sriniketan

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thanks IL... Hope there are so many pet lovers like me...

I would love to do something for my best friend :)

4. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

:hiya:goodidea: :clap:clap,

Fantastic news.I am an ardent fan of all the four legged creatures especially partial to the members belonging to the CANINE Kingdom.
    I had posted some months back ..."Dog lovers of the IL world Unite".... but got only luke warm FB's :-(..so I'm thrilled to jump on to the wagon and say
    " Let's start off".
    Please do count me in ....I'm very keen on this topic.

Warm regards,
    PAULINA:wave

5. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

:hiya:hiya:hiya

Just wondering if I 've missed something somewhere.

I did not hear anything on this topic after the initial opening.

Where should I look for it ? Maybe I'm on the wrong track and could not find it.

warm regards
    PAULINA:wave

6. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Thanx for this new forum.

Infact I lost my 8 yr old cat Rani on April 3. She was such a bundle of naughty.... oh.. we used to call her Rowdy Rani. As I am in Kerala could not visit my place in Mangalore for quite sometime now, and am upset that I could not see her.

My mom and sister too could not take it. Though we have another cat (Rani's mother) Sweety and a dog Honey, we will miss Rani. She was very special in her own way.

Anu

7. Induslady

Hi Sriniketan, thanks for being the first to respond to this thread. With your support, this sub-forum will be very active. Just as a reminder, we need founding members to start at least 5-7 new threads and 25 posts per week to help this nascent sub-forum gather momentum. Thanks Sriniketan.

Hi Nandhu, I am sure there are so many pet lovers here but they are probably staying quiet just like everyone else. Once the founding members start threads and discussions about pets, these pet lovers will come out of the woodwork and start participating.

Hi Paulina, Thanks for the enthusiastic response. Pet discussions had been a chicken and egg story. Pet lovers say that they don't see interesting/informative threads on this topic for them to contribute. But, without their contributions, there is no threads. We wanted to break that cycle and that is why we came up with the idea of founding members.

If founding members can build and sustain this sub-forum's activity (with initial threads and posts) for 1-2 months, that gives pet lovers the opportunity to join in. Once these silent members join, then the sub-forum will sustain on its own momentum. Just as a reminder, during the initial month or so, founding members will start ~5-7 threads and 25 posts per week. Thanks Paulina for joining in as a founding member!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  8. Induslady

Hi Paulina,

No, you haven't missed anything. We now have three founding members - Sriniketan, Nandshyam and you!. We haven't started the sub-forum yet, because we need two more founding members. We think that we need 5 people starting 5-7 threads per week and 25 posts/week to build the momentum needed. I will post information about the Pet lovers forum in a couple more threads. Thanks for the interest.

9. Induslady

Hi Anu, Sorry to hear about Rani (nice name!). She has left you with some wonderful memories. These are the types of threads that will go into the proposed "Pet Lovers Forum".

We haven't started that sub-forum yet, as we need two more founding members. Would you be interested in becoming a founding member? For more information about the requirements to be a founding member of the Pet lover forum, please see the first post in this thread. Hope you can join in and we can get this sub-forum started soon. Thank you.

10. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Count me in!
    I am a pet lover. I have a 14 month old pup. Her name is Taffy.

Let's all join together and create a sub-forum for the pets.

Thank you, Malathy. I am sure many of the pets and their owners are going to be benefitted.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008